Hi, I wonder if anyone can help please? I am trying (Lord knows Im trying!) to sort this myself but I am getting nowhere fast. As I said in a previous thread I think [I] may have found my GG Granddad, George Hamilton but I can ony find him in 1901???????????
I have searched the other censuses but he doesnt seem to appear and I am now wondering whether he hatched out of an egg in 1901! - plus I think he died in early 1902.

On 1901 census he is a commercial clerk in West Derby Liverpool aged 54 and married to Jane 55 and they have their young Grandson George with them who was 8. (Mind you on the front sheet on Ancestry it shows George's age as 57 but in the actual census its 54).

I wondered if maybe he had been in the armed forces before 1901 but surely in those days the wife would stay behind, but I cant find Jane. I can find other Janes but married to other people.

I know its a lot to ask of you but I wondered if anyone more experienced in this than me, can help me. I have sort of come to a shuddering halt.

By the way, my George was born in Liverpool and so was Jane.
THANKS!!!!!
Sorry to keep asking for help and I really want to do my bit to help others and I keep looking and trying, but since Im so useless at my own, its a cert im not that good at helping anyone else - YET! :-)