Thread: Dennison

Starting to feel at home

Default Dennison

This isn't one of my families but they are local to me so I grabbed this info.

https://www.archive.org/stream/neweng...3quin_djvu.txt

It covers 1567-1680 and the removal to New England it is stuffed full of genealogical detail and some anecdotes. Chapters/pages 507-522. The selection is too big to print here but I will email it to anyone who is interested in it. I leave the first section as a taster:
    THE DENISON FAMILY.
    John' Denyson was living at Bisliops Stortford, Hertfordshire, England, in 1567; he died of plague and was buried at Stortford 4 Dec, 1582. "The ancestors of the English Denisons were probably Huguenots and came with other Flemish emigrants from the northeast border of France, where the name is still a common one." Jolin Denyson married Agnes . After his deatli she married John Gace in 1384, a tanner of Stortford. In the Records of St. Michael's Parish Church, Bishop's Stortford, the church warden's accounts mention the receipt in 1582 of nine pence of John Denyson. Children ; born at
    Bishop's Stortford:
    I. Luce^ Denyson, baptized 3 Aug., 1567; buried 9 Dec, 1582;
    II. William^ Denyson, baptized 3 Feb., 1571:
    III. Edward- Denyson, baptized 6 Apr.,1575, went to Ireland in 1631 and died there, having had Anne*, Susan*, Elizabeth* and Major John*, Deputy Governor of Cork;
    IV. Mar)'2 Denyson, baptized 23 Aug., 1579, married Crouch, as appears by
    the will of her stepfather, John Gace, proved 1602 (Montague P. P. C, 61);

Starting to feel at home

24th October 1671 George Dennison and Ellen Paflon Married at Takely