Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Valued member of Brit-Gen

Can I please ask for a look up in the 41 and 51 census for John Andrews and wife Ann (from post 13) their children are Elizabeth b 1829,Jane b 1832, Martha b 1833, Charlotte b 1836 and James b 1838 children all born Broughton Hamp, I would like to find out where John was born, as with names like these I think that John must be a son of John and Jane and he would have had sister's with the names Charlotte and Martha.
    I have ordered a Will online before but I can't remember how I did it, I would like to get Martha Matilda Andrews Will so can someone tell me what I need to do.

Name well known on Brit-Gen

Quote Originally Posted by michellemcintosh3 View Post
    Can I please ask for a look up in the 41 and 51 census for John Andrews and wife Ann (from post 13) their children are Elizabeth b 1829,Jane b 1832, Martha b 1833, Charlotte b 1836 and James b 1838 children all born Broughton Hamp, I would like to find out where John was born, as with names like these I think that John must be a son of John and Jane and he would have had sister's with the names Charlotte and Martha.
    1851 census
    HO107/1872 folio 63 page 14
    Main Street, Broughton, Hampshire
    John Andrews Head Mar 49 Tailor born Hants Kingsomborne [ = Kings Somborne]
    Ann Andrews Wife Mar 56 born Hants Wild Hearne
    Elizabeth Andrews Daur U 21 born Hants Broughton
    Jane Andrews Daur U 19 born Hants Broughton
    Martha Andrews Daur U 17 born Hants Broughton
    Charles Charlton Apprentice U 18 (Tailor) born Hants Wallop

1841 census
    HO107/399/21 folio 10 page 14
    Church Street, Broughton, Hants
    John Andrews 38 Tailor Y
    Ann Andrews 46 Y
    Elizabeth Andrews 11 Y
    Martha Andrews 8 Y
    James Andrews 3 Y

(records held by TNA, Crown copyright)

Quote Originally Posted by michellemcintosh3 View Post
    I have ordered a Will online before but I can't remember how I did it, I would like to get Martha Matilda Andrews Will
    Here are the details from the National Probate Calendar:

3 June. The Will of Martha Matilda Andrews late of 32 Belitha-villas Islington in the County of Middlesex Spinster who died 17 February 1879 at 32 Belitha-villas was proved at the Principal Registry by George Robert Jaquet of 15 South-street Finsbury-square in the said County Solicitor the sole Executor.

For instructions on how to order a copy of the will, with a link to the order form PA1S, please see here.

Unfortunately there is no online ordering, and you must send payment in £ sterling (see notes on the form).

Quote Originally Posted by Kerrywood View Post
    who died 17 February 1879 at 32 Belitha-villas
    At 32 Belitha Villas in 1881 is a William GOLDING age 69 and wife Sarah age 58, with their children. Both William and Sarah were born in Somerset, Sarah at Wedmore.
    RG11/229 folio 9 page 11 (held by TNA, Crown copyright)

There was a marriage in Dec Qtr 1844 in Axbridge registration district of William GOLDING with a Sarah BARROW on the same page (Axbridge covers Wedmore).

Thanks Kerrywood
    I have had a look at the IGI and the only John Andrews bapt has been added, so that failed to find any of their son's, I know that they had a least two boys. I still think that he may well turn out to belong to this family as his sister Augusta also lived there for a time.
    The Sarah Golding that was at 32 Belitha Villas in 1881 was Martha's neice daughter of Charlotte Maria Andrews, so I know for sure that we have the right Martha. I have had a look at the site for the Will and what a shame that you can't pay by credit card. I am not sure if it will cost 4 or 6 pounds as we have all the dates needed, can you tell me what you think it is 4 or 6?
    I have tried to contact the person on RootsChat re this family but I haven't had an answer yet.

It's £6.00.

I wish to get the death certificate of John Andrews who died in July 1839 at Weyhill Hampshire, what reg district would that come under? as I need the ref numbers to order it. Can I order this online?

Jan1954

Hello Michelle,

According to GENUKI, Weyhill was a parish in the Andover hundred. Having looked on FreeBMD, for a death of a John Andrews whose death would have been in that place at that time, the only likely candidate seems to be:
    John Andrews, September quarter 1839, Andover registration district, volume 7, page 22.

Certificates can be ordered from the GRO here, but you do not really need the references, although they could help.

Thanks Jan1954 I have ordered it now I just have to wait!!
    I have bben told that the two sons names were Harry and Charles. Could I please ask for a look up of the 41 and 51 census for Charles Andrews born c 1789 maybe Monxton and Henry or Harry Andrews born c 1795 in the Andover district.

Coromandel

It looks as if at least one of the sons may have died long before the census.

If you followed Kerrywood's advice in post #18 you might have found a catalogue entry for Hampshire Record Office, ref. 44M69/E13/12/138 ('Bundle of letters and notes to GPJ [George Purefoy Jervoise] from members of the North Hants Militia'), which says

'Includes 5 letters from Major Andrews dated Jan-Feb 1805 about officers for the regiment. He is seeking a commission for his son and writes with news of the death of his son and also the death of another officer, Mr Bennett....'

Perhaps the letter will give the son's name? It can't be Harry for we know that he was still alive in 1814 (see post #7).

The Record Office should be able to provide a copy.

The date of the above letters, i.e. Jan/Feb 1805, would tie in with this commission announced in the London Gazette, 19 Feb. 1805, under the heading 'Commissions signed by the Lord Lieutenant of the County of Hants.'
    'North Hants Regiment of Milita.
    Charles Andrews, Gent. to be Lieutenant, vice Thistlethwayte, promoted. Dated February 20, 1805.'

Thanks Coromandel. But where on earth do you find these things, I have been on the site hants.gov.uk and I can see ref 44m69/E13/12/138 and I can click on it but it does not give me any info. I also can't find where they offer a research service. How did you find out that there were 5 letters from John Andrews, I would like to see if I can get copies of them but how do I do it! I also want Q21/6/1 and 12m49/A80/48.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast