JEAN.ROB

Smile 1891 Census Lookup - Florence Smith

Could someone kindly do an 1891 lookup for me please.

Am trying to trace Florence Annie SMITH (aged around 2).
    Believe I have traced her family on the 1901 Census at 38 Devizes Road, Fisherton Anger Within (she was not then living with them)
    Think the family are
    Head - WILLIAM (22)
    Wife - BESSIE (21)
    There may have been children other than Florence, but all those showing in the 1901 Census were born after 1891.

Many thanks
    Jean

A fountain of knowledge

Default More information

Hello Jean,

Especially with such an unusual name as Smith it would be useful if you told us exactly what you found in 1901. Birth places, occupations, and anything else you may know could help to narrow down the search in 1891!

Regards,

Peggy

JEAN.ROB

Smile Florence Smith Lookup

Hello Peggy - me again!

Florence Annie Smith was born Dec 1889 Highworth, Wiltshire

As far as the 1901 Census goes - William is shown as a Bricklayer - born in Shrewton, Wilts - would be 22 or thereabouts in 1891
    Bessie - Wife - born Bishopstone, Wilts - 21 in 1891

Any further help would be much appreciated.

Jean

JEAN.ROB

Smile Florence Smith

I believe someone has found her for me (on another site!) in Alverstoke, Hampshire - staying with uncle.

But I would still like details on the rest of the family if they can be found.

Jean

A fountain of knowledge

Hello Jean,

Searching 1891, I found only one William Smith, 22, born in Shrewton. He was living with his parents in Fisherton Anger; no sign of a wife. His father was a bricklayer, and he was a coach builder ___man.

I can send the image if you want. And if you send me your e-mail address, which you have blocked.

Cheers,

Peggy

JEAN.ROB

Quote Originally Posted by Peggy
    Hello Jean,

Searching 1891, I found only one William Smith, 22, born in Shrewton. He was living with his parents in Fisherton Anger; no sign of a wife. His father was a bricklayer, and he was a coach builder ___man.

I can send the image if you want. And if you send me your e-mail address, which you have blocked.

Cheers,

Peggy
    Thanks Peggy that would be good

Jean
    Last edited by JEAN.ROB; 15-02-2005 at 6:09 PM.

cheryle.f

Smile re Florence

Dear Jean, just a friendly word of advice.....dont eat drink and sleep this problem....i should know i,ve been there. My Gertrude annie gray was born in 1879 (Definate). Her mother and father reg her as born 1879 and in 1881 they were living on their own no other children. She can be found nowhere as gertie, annie,ann,gertrude aged 3,4,5,6, incase someone lied even in another house as she was born Breamore in Hampshire. In 1891 she is still nowhere on a census but by now her mother and father 10 years older and a new boy child had been born in 1888 so now she has a 3 year old brother they are all together.She is missing at 2 and still missing at 12 whats the odds on being left off 2 concurrent census's. Yet 7 years later she marries in 1898 has lots of children and dies in 1950. Marriage and death certificates confirm her age and parents yet some of the living family have no recollection of her ever having been out of this country even when young. Ive checked all 2,3,4, year old Gertrude annies gray in 1881 and and 12 13 14 ,in 1891 to see if she was living somewhere else, but the place of birth had just been entered wrongly but can not tie in anyway the familys concerned with these young girls, with any one of mine. SO NOW I"M NEARLY CRAZY!!!!!! and have just decided to put this one to bed untill one day (if i'm lucky)and it will all become apparent to me what happened....i hope! best wishes in your search cheryle.f