Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    SearchingSadler

can you only order certs by post?

Just found my mother in laws grandads marriage and she wants me to trace the 'tree' backwards, so best starting point

btw, can I ask what may be a daft question, her dad came over to England, sometime around 1935-40ish, could you just come and go then, or would he be on some kind of ship/boat list or immigration list?

Mutley

Quote Originally Posted by SearchingSadler View Post
    can you only order certs by post?

Just found my mother in laws grandads marriage and she wants me to trace the 'tree' backwards, so best starting point
    By post with a euro cheque or credit/debit card details or by fax with card details.

Quote Originally Posted by SearchingSadler View Post
    btw, can I ask what may be a daft question, her dad came over to England, sometime around 1935-40ish, could you just come and go then, or would he be on some kind of ship/boat list or immigration list?
    The ships were like trains or buses, you bought a ticket and caught the next one along.

davidyoung

Question international fax prefix?

Quote Originally Posted by Mutley View Post

then you place the form in a fax machine and press send [to Rosscommon)
    Sorry, Mutley -

one more question from the dumb Yank: what prefix numbers are required to fax to Rosscommon 353 906632999 from the US?

Thanks in advance

Mutley

I think I am the wrong person to ask, I live in Portugal!!
    I am not that hot on International dialing codes, are they the same for you and me, or is that a silly question too?

Anyway, I used, and it worked OK

00 353 906 632 999

Hugh Thompson

That's a good link Peter, thank you.
    Hugh.

davidyoung

from the US, dial 011 for international access,

then the country code for Ireland (353)

then the city and local number, which is 906632999

I was confused because usually the country code is ot given as part of the published number

Joanna Bastyan

I sent off my application over two weeks ago and haven't heard a thing. I haven't had a trransaction go through on my credit card.

Has anyone else had this long a wait?

Reputation beyond repute

I've only sent one order and the register copy came back within a week.

Joanna Bastyan

I finally got my certificates (copies) today. No explanation for the delay - but well worth the wait.

Hall/Swan

Default PPS numbers

It is a Social Security Number...only in use for last 50 years or so!

Use of the PPS Number

The Personal Public Service Number (PPS Number) is designed for use in transactions between the individual and public bodies. The PPS Number may only be used by persons authorised to do so under Social Welfare legislation (link to PPS Number Legislation Section).
    Data may only be shared using the PPS Number as a common identifier where the sharing is authorised by law e.g. Data Protection or Social Welfare law.

Data protection principles must be upheld with regard to the PPS Number and all reasonable security steps should be taken with regard to the storage and handing of the PPS Number and associated data.

The PPS Number is intended to be used for the purpose of accurately identifying the individual in the administration of public services. It should only be given to and used by public bodies and should not be randomly disclosed.

As a unique identifier for individuals the PPS Number is a valuable piece of personal information that should be respected and safeguarded against misappropriation or misuse.

A PPS Number is not proof of identity. Neither a PPS Number nor a Social Services Card should be accepted as such. Additional evidence of identity should always be sought, as appropriate.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast