Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    tree-top

Default Is TheGenealogist a good site?

Hi everyone,

Apologies if this post is in the wrong place.

Does anyone have any experience with TheGenealogist site? Is it a good search site and would you say its value for money?

I have lots of searches to do and after looking into how much train fare is to Lancashire just to research one branch of my family, i thought subscribing to TheGenealogist might be a better use of funds.

I would love to hear peoples thoughts and ideas, before i commit myself.

I was thinking of getting the - Personal Premium for £68.95 per year
    This gives credit-free access to all included databases on an ongoing basis.

The £68.95 is less than the train fare to Lancashire!!!

What do you think?

Thanks in advance
    Teresa

Geoffers

The site always works quite quickly, you have to get used to the ways of searching. The indexing seems quite good and the display of results is good. It has the non-conformist records, which are useful if needed. Also, some military lists and directories. The full GRO index is there, some probate records

As to whether it is value for money? Well, it depends on what you think, whether or not you would get value for your research, and only you can determine that.

Maybe buy a few units to begin with and see what you think?

As always - subscribe in haste and repent at leisure.

tree-top

Thanks Geoffers

Sorry post was in wrong place, I will take a look at the other sites on offer but as always, good advice is greatfully recieved.

Teresa

Beebee

I have pm'd you a link to a free all inclusive trial subscription with 10 free credits, you do not have to give any credit/debit card details either. If you want to try it before committing yourself.

SBSFamilyhistory

sorry to hijack this thread..but is there any chance that you could send me that link please bumblebee, I hope you don't sting

SueX

tree-top

Quote Originally Posted by SBSFamilyhistory View Post
    sorry to hijack this thread..but is there any chance that you could send me that link please bumblebee, I hope you don't sting

SueX
    Hijack away, it sounds a great offer!

Teresa

tree-top

Quote Originally Posted by Beebee View Post
    I have pm'd you a link to a free all inclusive trial subscription with 10 free credits, you do not have to give any credit/debit card details either. If you want to try it before committing yourself.
    Thanks for the link Beebee, very appreciated!
    Teresa

Astoria

Quote Originally Posted by Beebee View Post
    Can I have the link too, please

Occasionally, just very occasionally, needs an umbrella!

and me - if I may be so bold ...!!!
    I want to look at a few since a*** is up for renewal soon!
    Thanks
    Barbara

Life isn't waiting for the storm to pass - it is learning to dance in the rain

AnnB

Quote Originally Posted by Geoffers View Post
    The site always works quite quickly, you have to get used to the ways of searching. The indexing seems quite good and the display of results is good. It has the non-conformist records, which are useful if needed. Also, some military lists and directories. The full GRO index is there, some probate records
    I agree with Geoffers. I've used the Genealogist for a couple of years now and they are always adding new stuff. It really does depend on how you rate value for money and how much you are going to use what they have to offer.

As everyone else says, try it out first with a few credits, before you decide.

Best wishes
    Ann

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast