Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    LittleSpark

Smile PRIDDEY - Claines, Worcs

Hi again!
    Another request arising from Enoch Troth. His son Walter married Ethel PRIDDEY 12th April 1909 at Droitwich Parish Church. She was the daughter of George and Ellen.
    Marriage certificate shows Walter residing at Reddall Hill and Ethel at Nutriams(?) Where were these places?
    Ethel came from Claines, Worcs.
    Anyone else researching the name Priddey?
    Thanks a lot

Geoffers

Quote Originally Posted by LittleSpark
    son Walter married Ethel PRIDDEY 12th April 1909 at Droitwich Parish Church. She was the daughter of George and Ellen.
    Marriage certificate shows Walter residing at Reddall Hill and Ethel at Nutriams(?) Where were these places?
    No idea...............

What was George PRIDDEY's occupation? If he worked on the canal or river Severn, could 'Nutriams(?)' be the name of a narrow boat?

Any luck trying an address search on a census - looking just for Droitwich and also Claines? - See if there is anything similar to the names.

Try the 'old-maps' web-site and see if these places are named?

Is there anywhere in the area called 'Red Hall'?

Could 'Nutriams(?)' be the name of a house? - Does it show up in a directory?

jeeb

Quote Originally Posted by LittleSpark View Post
    Hi again!
    Another request arising from Enoch Troth. His son Walter married Ethel PRIDDEY 12th April 1909 at Droitwich Parish Church. She was the daughter of George and Ellen.
    Ethel came from Claines, Worcs.
    Anyone else researching the name Priddey?
    Thanks a lot
    Hi,
    Isn't Reddal Hill part of Cradley Heath? I can't think of anywhere like 'Nutriams' in Droitwich.
    Droitwich had 3 parish churches in 1909 :- St Andrews, St Peters & St Nicholas. Dodderhill parish church also borders Droitwich town and was a popular church for Droitwich marriages.

Jeremy

Valued member of Brit-Gen

There is a Rednal Hill at Rednal, which isn't too far from Droitwich
    Mike

LittleSpark

Hi Geoffers,
    Thanks for your reply. George PRIDDEY was an Ag. Labourer 1881 at Martin Hussingtree (what a lovely name!), a Garden Labourer 1891 at Spellise Green, North Claines and a Farm Carter 1901 at Brine Pits Cottage, Dodderhill.
    Will have a look on 'old maps' to see waht I can come up with.

LittleSpark

Hi Jeremy,
    Reddall Hill is part of Cradley Heath I think but have never come across 'Nutriams'. Will have to scout round to see what I can find.
    Thanks a lot.

LittleSpark

Hi Mike
    Reddall Hill is definitely on marriage certificate but you may be right that it might be Rednal Hill. Will have to do some digging around - don't know that area very well.
    Thanks a lot.

SCRITTI

Quote Originally Posted by LittleSpark View Post
    Hi Mike
    Reddall Hill is definitely on marriage certificate but you may be right that it might be Rednal Hill. Will have to do some digging around - don't know that area very well.
    Thanks a lot.
    Hi there is a parish church :
    St Lukes, Reddall Hill
    Upper High Street
    Reddal Hill
    West Midlands
    B64 5HY
    Just north of Cradley Heath in the Black Country - not far from Bromsgrove, no idea about Nutriams though!
    Cheers
    Lesley

Philip Crawford

Quote Originally Posted by Geoffers View Post
    No idea...............

What was George PRIDDEY's occupation? If he worked on the canal or river Severn, could 'Nutriams(?)' be the name of a narrow boat?

Any luck trying an address search on a census - looking just for Droitwich and also Claines? - See if there is anything similar to the names.

Try the 'old-maps' web-site and see if these places are named?

Is there anywhere in the area called 'Red Hall'?

Could 'Nutriams(?)' be the name of a house? - Does it show up in a directory?
    St Andrews Parish Church Dodderhill sits on a hill overlooking Droitwich, and I just wanted to admit (but please don't tell anyone) that I used to read the lessons on Sunday mornings in the 1950's (under duress I must say), but I'd appreciate it if you didn't make this public. I'm going to revist in May when I return to the Uk and 'do' the graveyard, so if anyone has any requests please let me know.

best wishes

Philip

Philip Crawford

Default James & Ellen Priddy

Hello All,

Just for information, there is a headstone at St Augustine Parish Church Droitwich for James Priddy age 63 born 1778 buried 1841 and his wife Ellen Priddy aged 81 born 1779 buried 1860.

Philip

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast