snotneus

Default Elizabeth Sarah Simmonds

I am trying to find the marriage date of my ggg.grandmother,who married Christopher Adcock +-1812.I have searched on IGI to no avail.She was born in Oxford in 1791 according to her death notice and died in Port Elizabeth-S.A.
    I know their eldest 3 sons were born somewhere in England(either Oxford or Melton Mowbray,Leicestershire).Most of the Adcock history is linked to St. Marys in Melton Mowbray,but my attempts to email them directly have not been successful.If anyone could advise or help with this missing info,it would be appreciated.

Thanking you
    Jeremy Adcock.

Pennie

Hi Jeremy ...

I can confirm that there's no Christopher ADCOCK or Elizabeth SIMMONDS on the OFHS's Oxfordshire Marriage Index (1538-1837).

Melton Mowbray marriages for the period concerned are included on the IGI, so the marriage doesn't seem to have taken place there either.

Have you tried the Leicestershire Marriage Index (1801-1837)? Apparently, the Leicestershire FHS will do look-ups (which can be requested on line) for a small charge.

Pennie

Hi Jeremy!

In view of Pennie's reply I have moved this over to the Leicestershire forum to see if it rings any bells there.
    Sue Mackay
    Insanity is hereditary - you get it from your kids

snotneus

Default Elizabeth Sarah Simmonds

Dear Pennie

Thankyou for trying to locate my relatives marriage info-i hope to have more luck in the Leicestershire forum.Have a nice weekend.

Thanking you
    Jeremy Adcock.

snotneus

Default Alternate surname for Elizabeth Sarah.

I received an estate document from the Cape Archives today wherein the surname is written as Simmons-maybe this would account for the difficulty in locating her marriage.

Thanking you
    Jeremy Adcock.

linsinto

Hi Jeremy,

I found some marriage info which may help:

https://
    leicestershireparishrecords.blogspot.com/2010/04/leicestershire-parish-records.html

William Adcock (b c 1706 d 1786) & Mary Sansome 1 Jan. 1737 (children Thomas Adcock 1751)
    Christopher Staveley & Dorothy Loasby 28 Sept. 1741
    Will. Rew & Dorothy Staveley 14 Aug. 1748
    Chris. Staveley & Sarah Hill [married at Sysonby*] 6 Feb. 1750
    William Adcock & Bridget Staveley 26 June 1776

Best regards,

Linda