PAPAB1

Default WAITE FAMILIES FROM ANNAN

I'M SEARCHING FOR MY GRAND FATHER JOHN WAITE AND WIFE MARGRET JOHNSTON FROM ANNAN. I DO NOT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THEM OR THEIR FAMILIES.I WOULD APPRECIATE IT VERY MUCH IF SOMEONE WOULD GIVE ME DIRECTIONS TO WHERE TO LOOK.

THANK YOU

Jan1954

Hi there,

Have a read of Lesley's stickies at the top of the General Scottish Family History forum. There are masses of helpful pointers

Quote Originally Posted by PAPAB1 View Post
    I'M SEARCHING FOR MY GRAND FATHER JOHN WAITE AND WIFE MARGRET JOHNSTON FROM ANNAN. I DO NOT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THEM OR THEIR FAMILIES.I WOULD APPRECIATE IT VERY MUCH IF SOMEONE WOULD GIVE ME DIRECTIONS TO WHERE TO LOOK.

THANK YOU

Since we don't know whether you're 17 or 70, knowing that they are your grandparents doesn't help us estimate dates for them! As Jan said, most of what you need to know to begin your search is in the stickies at the top of the General Scottish forum, but with some sort of idea of time period, people could try and help - birth, marriage, death dates, even approximate, that sort of thing.
    Help us to help you!
    Lesley

PAPAB1

Default MORE WAITE INFORMATION THAT I POSTED

JOHN WAITE AND MARGRET JOHNSTON MARRIED 12/11/1870
    THER ONLY CHILD, I GUESS JOHN JR. MARRIED CATHERINE MARTIN
    THEY WERE LIVING AT DOWNIES WYND, ANNAN

I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW THERE ANCESTRY AND DESCENTANTS IF POSSIBLE. FAMLY HISTORY

I'M SORRY ABOUT MY FIRST POSTING NOT HAVING ANY FACTS BUT I HAD A BRAIN FART AND LOST MY TRAIN OF THOUGHT.

Quote Originally Posted by PAPAB1 View Post
    JOHN WAITE AND MARGRET JOHNSTON MARRIED 12/11/1870
    THER ONLY CHILD, I GUESS JOHN JR. MARRIED CATHERINE MARTIN
    THEY WERE LIVING AT DOWNIES WYND, ANNAN

I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW THERE ANCESTRY AND DESCENTANTS IF POSSIBLE. FAMLY HISTORY

I'M SORRY ABOUT MY FIRST POSTING NOT HAVING ANY FACTS BUT I HAD A BRAIN FART AND LOST MY TRAIN OF THOUGHT.

Finding their parents is easy - go to Scotlands People (instructions are in the sticky I posted to General Scottish) and get their marriage certificate. That will give you both sets of parents, ages, occupations, etc.
    For descendants, follow John jr's family in the census after he married.

Please don't post only in caps - it feels like shouting!
    Lesley