Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    pipsqueak

Question Made on a Mac; How does it look in Windows?

I am beginning to wonder how my webpages look on a computer using Windows. The pages look perfect to me, but someone told me a photo was covering up some of the text, and when I went to print one of my pages from the website, the printed copy showed that the fonts were messed up, there was text on top of text and numbers and bullets together, yet the page looks perfect on screen. I'm not sure why this is, nor what I can or should do about it.

Please take a look at the pages via the link in my signature, and let me know if the pages are in good order at your end, or whether it looks like a six-year-old put it together! It would be useful to know what browser you are using and what operating system.

I use Firefox and Safari and it looks fine to me. The font used is Hoefler Text throughout. I think.

Many thanks.

pipsqueak

This is how it should look (the entire page doesn't fit in a single screenshot):

kinshar

Thumbs up

Hi

Nice looking Website well done, certainly does not look like it was put together by a 6yr old more like a professional

Can't see any problems

Im using Internet Explorer 7 & Windows Vista

Kinshar

Marie C..

Well I can see only half a page and you have put Surrons(should it be Suttons?) but I think if I could see more it would be very nice. I like the design of that half a page.
    Will now go and look at it on lapop (Vista) and see how it looks on there.
    How anyone can do a web site is beyond my ken.... but I know what I like to see and ease of use is another thing that is most important. The colour is good on yours.... easily readable.M

Marie C..

It looks just the same from Windows vista. Very good. M

pipsqueak

Marie - thanks for pointing our the typo - I'd missed that one. I've corrected it now.

Thank you all for the input - it sounds as though you're seeing it as it should appear, so I'm not sure why it changes when I try to print it, nor why some people are seeing it all wrong.

Marie C..

It has a brown tweed background and a whitey page with black lettering and at the top it has the title in coffee latte colour and a sort of flourish each side.
    There is quite a lot of brown tweed either side of the white page.
    It won't let us click onto anything so we can't see how the links work but overall I think it looks very good. M

Peter_uk_can

I viewed it OK on IE7 and XP Pro.

Great job and fun to read.

I run our site using Arial typface except for the "fancy arty farty" titles which are actually jpg images otherwise anyone who does not have the font on their computer would not see it the way it was created.

https://www.members.shaw.ca/psmail

pipsqueak

Quote Originally Posted by Marie C.. View Post
    It has a brown tweed background and a whitey page with black lettering and at the top it has the title in coffee latte colour and a sort of flourish each side.
    There is quite a lot of brown tweed either side of the white page.
    It won't let us click onto anything so we can't see how the links work but overall I think it looks very good. M
    Did you follow the link or are you just looking at the screenshot above? You should be able to click on the links.

Peter - thank you, too. I tried not using anything arty-farty for the reasons you stated, although I do like the idea of using a jpeg for fancy titles. Nice site you have, too That Joseph Alexander is a handsome young man!

Marie C..

No it will not let me link onto anything. If I click next it just shows me the same page.
    But that is proabably me not you. If the others can see and link then it must me . Comp keeps giving non=compatibilty messages and to downlaod adobe 9 but it won't let me download it
    Not used to vista yet. M

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast