janeygee

Smile Magennis; Ashe; Haddifon;

HI ,,, I'm hoping I may find an 'angel' to help find what happened to my 2x
    cousin; as follows;-

"Sarah Jane Magennis"(mar) "George Ashe" 1916.Hutchestown,Gorbals.
    parents of Sarah Jane; "Patrick John & Lucinda m/s Haddifon,"Magennis"
    parents of "George" unknown,,
    Children known; ""George Ashe"(b)1925 & "Samuel Ashe"(b)1928;

Sarah Jane died in 'Maternity Hosp'19Aug,1930 of 'Toxeemia of Pregnancy
    she was 39yrs old,, living at 18 Errol St,Glasgow;

Would appreciate any help finding more children,also any info on husband
    'George',,thank you

Regards;
    Janey;

Quote Originally Posted by janeygee View Post

HI ,,, I'm hoping I may find an 'angel' to help find what happened to my 2x
    cousin; as follows;-

"Sarah Jane Magennis"(mar) "George Ashe" 1916.Hutchestown,Gorbals.
    parents of Sarah Jane; "Patrick John & Lucinda m/s Haddifon,"Magennis"
    parents of "George" unknown,,
    Children known; ""George Ashe"(b)1925 & "Samuel Ashe"(b)1928;

Sarah Jane died in 'Maternity Hosp'19Aug,1930 of 'Toxeemia of Pregnancy
    she was 39yrs old,, living at 18 Errol St,Glasgow;

Would appreciate any help finding more children,also any info on husband
    'George',,thank you

Regards;
    Janey;
    Janey,
    can I ask you to stop putting names into quotation marks? It's not wrong, but most people only do this when they're not sure about a name, and it makes me feel unsure the whole time I'm reading your query - very unsettling. It makes it hard to concentrate!
    The easiest way to fins out about the family of Geroge is to get his marriage certificate as this will give both sets of parents. You can download a copy of the 1916 certificate from the pay to use site Scotlands People (see my notes on using it in the General Scottish Forum). When you know the names of his parents, you can search on both their names together and find their marriage certificate which will giveir ages and parents...
    The 20th century children are harder. SP has limits on what can be given on line, to protect the privacy of people who might be living. It is possible to see newer data if you visit New Register House in Edinburgh, and you can buy hard copies, mind you. The indexes for births and deaths are there to 2006, but the images aren't. Ashe isn't an especially common name, so you might have some luck looking for marriages and deaths.

Good luck, and a belated welcome to Brit-Gen
    Lesley

janeygee

Thumbs down Magennis Ashe Haddifon

HI LESLEY

Please excuse my stupidity in attaching quotations to my research thread
    I thought I was doing a favour in highlighting the names to make them easier to read. I have read some threads where everything was all together in one passage and I found that quite hard to read when searching for the names in question.I will refrain from doing it again if I am ever inclined to use this website again.
    I think you should find yourself a new name as Fearless Super MacModerator
    does not seem to do it for you.

Janey.

Quote Originally Posted by janeygee View Post
    Please excuse my stupidity in attaching quotations to my research thread
    I thought I was doing a favour in highlighting the names to make them easier to read. I have read some threads where everything was all together in one passage and I found that quite hard to read when searching for the names in question.I will refrain from doing it again if I am ever inclined to use this website again.
    I think you should find yourself a new name as Fearless Super MacModerator
    does not seem to do it for you.

Janey.
    It's not stupidity - I know of one forum where it's even encouraged - I just find that it's hard to read, and thought it was only fair to say so. Some people highlight with bold text, some like to put their names into caps. None of it's wrong, it's a personal choice. I'm sorry that you seem to have chosen to take offence at the first line of my message, and ignored the help I was trying to give you.

As to my description - Admin likes to play with them periodically, and they change - you'll see that all of the Super Mods and many members have personalised ones. I'm sorry if that also offends you - we each follow our own path..

Lesley