Thread: Tyghe Clan

bobtie

Default Tyghe Clan

Hi,
    60 yr-old ex-Reading boy living in New South Wales, Australia (no, didn't get transported!) researching TYGHE roots. Not having access to actual records held in Parish Registers, libraries, etc. has its limitations hence my joining this site in the hope that someone with connections to the family is also a member.
    Cheers
    Bob

Hugh Thompson

Hi Bob,welcome to Brit Gen,it's a bit early in the day for the folks from the northern hemisphere but I'm sure they'll get to say hello pretty soon,have a hunt around the site and post your queries in the relevant forums,there's plenty of good help available,
    regards Hugh.

Brick wall demolition expert! ChristineR's Avatar

Hello Bob

Welcome to Brit-Gen forums. We are pleased to have another one of us
    Have a tootle around the different boards, and see how it works, and post those queries in the most likely spot.

TYGHE ? wow, I bet you get some variations in spelling
    ChristineR

kermie62

Welcome to the forum, glad to see another aussie join even if he is a New South Welshman. With the parish registers, the Family Search site is quite exceptional making sure you accept actual record results only and Hugh Wallis makes it even better. Ordering the actual film from the LDS also makes it more exciting and is a facility we should all be grateful for. Also a lot of family history societies are transcribing the local records so do a lot of internet checking. I have a Forrest of Dean ancestor and the local society is putting all the parish reocrds online and there is quite a lot of them. I spent two months of Thursday nights checking films from Mitchendean from 1600 looking for ancestors only to discover them on the internet

bobtie

Default Welcoming

Many thanks for the warm welcome from all of you. Looking forward to chatting with other family members soon. And yes, the variations on the surname - especially when my great great grandparents were both illiterate! - are amazing! With paternal roots in Ireland, I could very well be a Murphy!!
    Bob