georgeranch

Default Researching George Family in Dorset

My research of the George family has led me to the county of Dorset. I will start with Samuel George (my 3rd Great Grandfather) who was born in Piddletown 17 Nov 1797. He came to the US (not sure of the date) and settled in Madison County, Alabama where he married Nancy Carey. He died in Madison County in 1837. I would like to find out more about his parents Joseph George and Sarah Mitchell. Joseph was born in Corfe Castle In March 1760. I would like to find out their marriage date and place and also any death and burial information.

Also believe Joseph's parents were John George and Alice Allen. They were married in East Stoke 25 Dec 1749. The 1790 Corfe Castle Census list John age 69 and Alice age 68. I would like to find out when and where they were married also any death information. I know this is asking alot but any information in filling in the blanks would be greatly appreciated. Also any contact with anyone researching the George family would helpful.

Thank you,
    William George
    Saint David, Arizona

Name well known on Brit-Gen

Hi georgeranch, and welcome to Brit-Gen

I have removed your email address from your post, as it is an open invitation to spammers. Any members wanting to contact you privately can use our Private Messaging system, by clicking on your user name (blue).

Meanwhile I hope you will get lots of help from the Dorset researchers on this forum.

georgeranch

Thanks alot for removing my e-mail address. I'll know better next time.