Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    sheilastain

Hi Rodney

See that you grew up in the next road to me in Bilborough. I remember redeeming rations at the Co-op on Caincross Road before a new one was built on Bracebridge.
    Sheila

v.wells

Unfortunately my parents didn't keep anything attached to the War years - I would have liked to have kept their little bits of history, but there are none. When my mother died and I went over to England, I did rummage thru her drawers and she never kept anything! It made things difficult for me to get her Canadian pension sorted out for my dad. She didn't keep her passport, driver's licence or Social Security card with her number on it. Very dissapointing.

Nicolina

I kept mine for years but sadly it disappeared, I still remember my number though - KXOF 473. Ration books were for playing "shops". My mother also kept my gas mask - a monstrosity that I fit inside. (Of course I was only a baby at the time)

paulhendley

thanks peter, the problem i have is that my father never talked about his service in ww2 with the raf,all we know was that he was a rear gunner & lost his wedding finger in the raf as a rear gunner on lancaster bombers.
    all the sites i've tried to find his service details require his service number,date enlisted,date discharged etc.
    thanks for the info peter.
    paul hendley

Name well known on Brit-Gen

Hello

Have you tried

TNA nationalarchives.gov.uk may hold records..... and
    ACOS MAnning, 22E, Room 5 Building 248A, RAF Innsworth, Gloucester GL3 1EZ, 01452712612

quoting full name, dob + other info to identify, presumably you do not have a service no, for a fee ( was £30 I think, free to the person) they will release info availiable to the person or next of kin. You will need to produce evidence of your relationship.

Otherwise have you trawled the numerous sites dedicated to the Lancaster Bomber and its crews?

I had to get my husband to do this as i was not related ( other then by marriage ) to the person i.e my father in law

Try reposting this on one of the forums.....

I only picked this up as I found my National Identity card this a.m when I was looking for my birth & marriage certs and wanted to see what was said about them!

Good Luck

geneius

paulhendley

cheers for that genius

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12