Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    JamieG1782

found this as well

note.. Sampson's Alfreds father was joseph lee, Riley Lee's brother...

Samson Alfred & Jane Sophia Lee Children
    Rosina Rebekah Lee 1869 19th April -born March 17th - St Matthias Bethnal Green Tower Hamlets /Hawker
    (Rosanna/Rebecca Mystery???)

Rhoda Lee..........1879 23rd March - St Philip Bethnal Green Tower Hamlets /Hawker
    Caroline Lee.......1871 12th July - born June 11th St James the Great Bethnal Green Tower Hamlets /Hawker
    Selina Lee.........1876 25th June -born May 5th St James Great Bethnal Green Tower Hamlets /Hawker
    Sarah Jane Lee.....1877 30th Sept- born Sept 15th St James Great Bethnal Green Tower Hamlets /Hawker
    Rosina Lee.........1883 13th Jan St Philip Bethnal Green Tower Hamlets / Basket maker
    Susan Lee..........1884 1st June -aged 61/2 yrs - St Philip Bethnal Green /Basket maker

thought this was interesting because of the names being passed down agin and the Rosina Rebekah reference...

Good finds Jamie
    So Caroline born 1823 and Riley Lee born 1826 are brother and sister, children of Joseph Lee born 1798.
    So where is Riley Lee in 1841? And where is William Riley Lee in 1881 and 1891? Maybe with rellies?

Caroline and Riley Lovells marriage we have on FreeBMD but it is also in the Parish records. 22 Feb 1864 Riley Lovell, batchelor, father Hezekiah Lovell. Can't read his occupation
    Caroline Lee spinster, father Joseph Lee labourer Witnesses George Chambers and Ellen Prescott.
    I wonder why they waited so long to get married as they had been together since at least 1841.

JamieG1782

Quote Originally Posted by christanel View Post
    So where is Riley Lee in 1841?
    1841 Census Bethnal Green Hackney Rd Ossulstone
    Rilea Lovel...........25 b 1816 Middlesex -Cutler
    Caroline Lee..........20 b 1821 Middlesex - (parents Joseph b 1797 & Susan Lee)
    Pila lee..............15 b 1826 Middleex (M) Could this be Riley?? Dates match... and means he's living with his sister Caroline and doesn't appear in 1851,1861,1871 with them

Quote Originally Posted by JamieG1782 View Post
    1841 Census Bethnal Green Hackney Rd Ossulstone
    Rilea Lovel...........25 b 1816 Middlesex -Cutler
    Caroline Lee..........20 b 1821 Middlesex - (parents Joseph b 1797 & Susan Lee)
    Pila lee..............15 b 1826 Middleex (M) Could this be Riley?? Dates match... and means he's living with his sister Caroline and doesn't appear in 1851,1861,1871 with them
    Bingo!!! I looked and looked at the original but couldn't see the wood for the trees.
    You are well on your way Jamie.

JamieG1782

Had a closer look at the "isaac william lee and rhoda lee christening of william lee" and found this

She was listed as a single woman, his baptism date given as 8th Nov 1874

Isaac Williams and Rhoda Married 19 Apr 1975

Now if she was a single woman at the time his last name could be Lee

is it possible it should read Isaac Williams instead of Isaac William (Lee)

Isaid this is my post #39
    "You have found a very interesting baptism for a William Lee in Nov 1874 parents Rhoda and Isaac. You could ask the GRO to search for the birth with these parents names. it isn't going to tell you much more than his birthdate though, although it may sort out the correct surname for Isaac.
    There is the marriage reg of Isaac Williams and a Rhoda Lee June ¼ 1875 Kensington vol 1a page 48
    This could set us straight on who this Rhoda's father is (Riley?) and also whether the baptismal record of young William incorrectly recorded his father Isaac as a Lee instead of Williams."

But then I think Isaac remarries as a Lee after Rhoda's death. I have it in another post?

I will have to look again. My editing time will probably run out before I find it.

JamieG1782

so I'll order the marriage certificate and go from there? I know you had already said it, but thought the image and single woman part may of been helpful..Sorry

Hey, nothing to be sorry about Jamie. I have to keep refreshing my memory 'cos it is so bad and you are so right, the single woman bit is very interesting and helpful.
    Now to find my paperwork on this and put it in a safe place and remember the safe place!

William Riley could be registered as a Lee or a William Williams (oh perish the thought) and it may be that when you decide to take the plunge and order a birth cert. you will have to ask the GRO to do a search for a William born 1874, probably the last 1/4 with the parents Isaac Williams or Lee and Rhoda Lee. The GRO website should tell you whether they charge any extra for this service but it could be cheaper than ordering certificates willy nilly.
    I would order the marriage cert for Isaac and Rhoda it could have some helpful information eg addresses, witnesses and of course the fathers and their occupations.
    Good luck

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345