Thread: Joseph Goodman

Fiona67

Default Joseph Goodman

Hi
    I am looking for Joseph Goodman. He was born in Hulcote in about 1837, the son of John Goodman and Mary Ann Tite. I have him on the 1841 census and the 1851 census living at Hulcote Mill with the family but as yet I haven't been able to find him any other census records. I checked the Freebdm and there 3 possibilities for his death between 1851 & 1861

Deaths Jun 1858 (>99%)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Goodman Joseph Bedford 3b 192

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Deaths Dec 1860 (>99%)

Goodman Joseph Biggleswade 3b *

Deaths Mar 1861 (>99%)

Goodman Joseph Ampthill

Which one of those would be closest to Hulcote?

Or 2 of his brothers emmigtated to Australia (Alfred & Thomas) & 2 went to USA (Francis & Frederick(aka Roger))..........he doesn't appear to be in NSW......Alfred & Thomas settled around Bathurst and I haven't found him in USA ...... Francis & Roger stayed together in USA too

I am open to suggestions

Regards
    Fiona

Famous for offering help & advice michaelpipe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fiona67 View Post
    Hi
    I am looking for Joseph Goodman.3 possibilities for his death between 1851 & 1861

Deaths Jun 1858 (>99%)
    Goodman Joseph Bedford 3b 192

Deaths Dec 1860 (>99%)
    Goodman Joseph Biggleswade 3b *

Deaths Mar 1861 (>99%)
    Goodman Joseph Ampthill

Which one of those would be closest to Hulcote?
    There isn't a definitive answer to this. The Ampthill Reg Dist is very close to Holcott/Hulcote but it was not in that RD until the boundaries moved in 1899. Prior to that it was in the Woburn RD. Of course, by the time of his assumed death, he could have moved into the Ampthill Rd, or the death may simply have been registered in that district.

Biggleswade, probably too far away. Bedford a possibility, but not quite as close as Ampthill.

However I would not suggest that you draw too many conclusions from this.

Michael