revdfg

Default Sarah Hunt of Besthorpe (born about 1826)

I have a block along one branch of my tree at Sarah Hunt born about 1826 at Besthorpe, near Newark. She married John Hewitt of Brant Broughton (born about 1815) in the June quarter of 1845 at Newark. They went to live at Sutton/Beckingham where the children were born.

Can anyone locate in time and place the parents of Sarah Hunt?

JayneCanada

Quote Originally Posted by revdfg
    I have a block along one branch of my tree at Sarah Hunt born about 1826 at Besthorpe, near Newark. She married John Hewitt of Brant Broughton (born about 1815) in the June quarter of 1845 at Newark. They went to live at Sutton/Beckingham where the children were born.

Can anyone locate in time and place the parents of Sarah Hunt?
    Hi There,

I have searched the Newark records that I have and the 1841 census for your Sarah but have not been able to find a baptism in Besthorpe or Newark. The 1841 census wasn't much help either, the only Sarah HUNT in Besthorpe was a 2 year old Sarah who is obviously not yours.

The only Sarah's in 1841 who could possibly fit yours were from Eakring, Radford, Sutton-in-Ashfield & South Collingham. South Collingham is not far from Newark at all and is close to Besthorpe so my guess would be that is your Sarah's family. Plus it's the next folio over from the Besthorpe entry.

I can send you those details if you contact me

I could not find a marriage in 1845 in Newark either.

However, I have a friend staying with us right now who lives in Beckingham, LIN and he has brought over all the work he has done to date on Beckingham people and the surrounding areas so if you need any help there then ask away. All this information will eventually make it onto a website but for now I can do lookups.