darcy

Post Surname Interest - Musselwhite

Looking for Musselwhite's from Downton. Any info received with thanks

Steve Steere

I am researching the Musselwhite's of Fawley in Hampshire who have links with Downton.

There are two families of Musselwhite's who apparently were not related until a marriage between them in the 1920's, though I do suspect they have the same origin.

I have a John Musselwhite who married Elizabeth Duell in Eling, Hampshire in 1762. They had a son John c1770 born Downton who married Mary Cooper in 1791.

On the other family I have a John Musselwhite born c1784, unfortunately the Fawley Parish Register is too faint on the fiche to read, so I do not know whether he was born there. (I have told HRO to get in touch with Rod and get the job done properly, politely of course!).

I would like to verify the Downton link as that is where I suspect the Hampshire Musselwhite's came from.

I am related to one group, so feel free to contact me. A lot of the Musselwhite information on the 'other' group from Downton is published on the web, I think by Gary Musselwhite in the US, a google should find him. I do have a certain amount of info that may assist.

Regards,

Steve

cheryle.f

Default re musselwhites

Hi Darcy...i have alot of info on Musselwhites but the Redlynch Morgans vale group who eventually moved down into the main village from what i can see....any help to you?

cheryle.f

Smile re Musselwhites

Hi Steve...cheryle here and i've been to Salisbury Lib and found
    Births 1769-1771
    On 25 Aug 1771 John Musselwhite born to George and Sarah Musselwhite (mooo69)from parish baptisims 1769 to 1771
    And 19 May 1791 John Musselwhite of Downton Parish marries Sarah Bailey of St Andrews Mary le Bone
    Couldnt find a John born to John and Elizabeth but will check from 1792 onwards again next time i go in best wishes cheryle

Steve Steere

Hi Cheryle,

Many thanks for that info, appreciated. I will have a look to see if I can can fit either of them in with mine. I think the Mary le bone is probably Marylebone in London, Middlesex as it was then, I wonder what brought her to Downton?

Regards,

Steve