Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Joe90

I have ordered the CD for St Annes Parish, will keep you informed.

Joe90

Quote Originally Posted by Kerrywood View Post
    The "online" reference was to Docklands Ancestors (google for it), who have a parish register search page, from which you can order transcripts of any interesting entries that you find in the indexes.

Kerrywood
    CD arrived today - St Anne Limehouse Parish Baptism Registers 1821-1832 -, the nearest enteries to Nicholson are:

Surname : Nichols.

Father : Alexander.

Mother ; Christiana.

First Name : Christiana.

Address : Limehouse.

Birth Date : 7 December 1823

Baptism Date : 25 June 1826
    .................................................. .................................................. ....

A second entry follows, all details same apart from the following :

Birth Date : 23 December 1825.

Baptism Date : 25 June 1826.

I accept the letters ON are missing from the surname but, the remainder is very close. DOB ties in with her age at the time of her passing in 1861 aged 38 years.

Why the second entry ?

Joe.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe90 View Post
    CD arrived today - St Anne Limehouse Parish Baptism Registers 1821-1832 -, the nearest enteries to Nicholson are:

Surname : Nichols.

Father : Alexander.

Mother ; Christiana.

First Name : Christiana.

Address : Limehouse.

Birth Date : 7 December 1823

Baptism Date : 25 June 1826
    .................................................. .................................................. ....

A second entry follows, all details same apart from the following :

Birth Date : 23 December 1825.

Baptism Date : 25 June 1826.

I accept the letters ON are missing from the surname but, the remainder is very close. DOB ties in with her age at the time of her passing in 1861 aged 38 years.

Why the second entry ?

Joe.
    If it relates to the same child, it looks as though someone made a mistake in the birth date, first time around!
    Lesley

Name well known on Brit-Gen

This baptism is a good find. With the father called Alexander, there's a chance the Scottish connection is just one generation further back than you thought?

Kerrywood

Joe90

ChristineR,

Christiana should show up for the 1851 and 1861 census which should give her age and her birth place.

She appears as the wife in this family, not as a NICHOLSON.
    RG9; Piece: 280; Folio: 57; Page: 18
    At 14 Duke street, 1861 census
    John Flowleigh Roucks, Head, mar, 56, Mender of Shoes, born Poland
    Christiana, Wife, mar, 38, Needlewoman, born Middx, Limehouse
    Margaret , dau, 8, scholar, born Middx, St George
    There are two other families in the same building - her family is enumerated in the middle - WEDDINGTON and BERRY (who also have a lodger, John CLIFFIN.)

The names are as transcribed by Ancestry - it is not a great image. I favour REDDINGTON for the first family surname. It could be ROUCKE for John's surname, and she might even be written down as Christina.

Looking at FreeBMD's death index, I see the death of Christiana NICHOLSON in St George East. Since she has her own surname at death, they might not have been married.

Is NICHOLSON the maiden name given on Joseph's birth certificate?

I have come to the conclusion they failed to tie the knot.
    Joseph's birth certificate records mother as Christiana Kuliczkowski formerly Nicholson.

Christiana's only appearance on census records is the one you have identified.
    It is possible when the enumerator called at their residence he may have mispelt the name of Kuliczkowski, as in the instance of 1861, so it would be any one's guess where the were located.

Thank you for your interest.

Joe.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123