Thread: Kohler, Jamaica

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Spangle

Smile Kohler, Jamaica

I'm seeking information on the name of KOHLER in Jamaica. My man, whose name appears to have been Howard though may have been Henry or similar (yeah, I know, I'm a great help!), was born in Canada, the son of Stanley Kohler. Stanley himself was born in England.

Howard (as he probably was!) married a lady with the surname of Goldsworthy. If anyone has any connections or any idea of where I can look for further information (IS there a specific Jamaican/WI family history forum in those countries??), I'd be very grateful. Thank you.

Jan1954

Hello Spangle,

I am not sure when your KOHLER chap was in Jamaica, but there are a couple of resources that you could try.

Jamaican Genealogy will provide links to other places that you can search, as will Cyndi's List.

Meanwhile, the Jamaican Family Search Resource Library is a free site and has masses of information to help you.

Good luck,

MaureeninNY

No help,but just for ref,this is likely his birth *from the Manitoba vital stats page):
    LAST NAME: KAHLER
    FIRST NAME: HENRY HOWARD
    DATE OF BIRTH: 05/01/1898
    PLACE OF BIRTH: R.M. OF SOUTH CYPRESS

How on earth did a lad from the Canadian prairies end up in Jamaica?? Lucky escapee!

Maureen in NY

Spangle

Thank you Maureen, much appreciated. I'd love to know how he managed it too!