Thread: Stanton/lunn

ceetee

Cool Stanton/lunn

Hi Everyone,
    I am searching for Joram Stanton, possibly from St. Dunstan's In The East, circ 1750. He was a widower when he married Mary Tomkins in 1777

Also looking for the chr of Harriet Lunn/Lund. born between 1818 - 1821,
    possibly in Stoke Newington. Father John Lunn/Lund

Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks
    CT

Betty Willson

Default Stanton/Lunn

Hello Ceetee, Do you perhaps live in Austrlia? I know of a Lunn family who lived at Ravenswood, Queensland. They were friends of my mothers many years ago. Betty Willson

ceetee

Hi Betty,
    No I do not live in Australia. I was born and raised about 7 miles east of London. I now live in the USA. I married an American serviceman. Do these people you know have british roots, from London/Surrey area?

Carole

Betty Willson

Default Stanton /Lunn

The reason I replied to your query about the Lunns is beause I have a couple of very old photos of a member of the Lunn family of Ravenswood. I've been sorting through all my old photos and would pass the Lunn photos on to you if you lived in Australia and they were your relatives. I have no knowledge of any members of the Lunn family now. I think most early settlers in Australia had British roots. Best wishes, Betty

Default Lunn family

Hi Betty,

My name is Patricia and in my husbands family we have Lunns too. One of his Uncles had moved to Australia. His name is John Lunn and his father was Arthur James Lunn born in Alverstoke. Not shore it there is a cornection but would love to see the photos you were talking about. There is also another lady that I have been in contact with and she is a desendant of a Lunn line as well.
    Patricia

seanosborne

Default Joram Stanton

Dear ceetee,

About your posting on www.british-genealogy.com about Joram Stanton: he witnessed, along with Thomas Garritt, the marriage of John [Johan] Cristian Gagalman [Jagelman] and Elizabeth Farr née Johnson at St Dunstan-in-the-East on 7 May 1775. Joram and Thomas also witnessed the following marriage in the register, but I did not note what the names of this couple were.

Best wishes,

Seán Osborne