Linda-D

Question Look-up Parish Register Wapping please...

Could sks with access to the above let me know what they can find out about a baptism for a Mary Ann Tilson born there some time between 1824 and 1840. Sorry I can't be more specific about the date... thanks for taking the time to read this one!

fudgecake

i looked on docklands ancestors site for you and there is apparently one match for a mary ann tilson in the St John Wapping 1813 to 1842 Parish Register. I do not have this CD but i think you can buy them through parish chest or direct form their own website, or you can pay a small amount for just the info of that record

hope that helps

Linda-D

Thank you Fudgecake - I think I was hoping someone would be able to tell me or have Mary Ann as their relation but I will pay up and look for myself.

SeaCopRimmer

check out hugh wallis website first - he might have her listed and if he doesn't then you haven't lost more than a few minutes of your time:

https://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb....tchNumbers.htm

Linda-D

I had already checked out this with no joy ... so it's pay up to look time! Thank you anyway.

suffolk sue

11th. September,1822
    Mary Ann Tilson
    Father = Michael
    Fathers occupation: Lighterman
    Mother = Mary
    Birth date: 15/08/1822
    Address: St George's E
    Wapping ,St John
    Church address: Green Bank
    Entry No: 1045
    Source Ref: X089/158

Linda-D

Thank you Sue for giving me this information - it proves not to be a child from the family I am researching but they were lightermans too so possibly related somewhere.... always more questions than answers!