Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rubina

Wink Thank you Finbar!

Thanks for this, Finbar!

If I can't find out which steam tug my ancestor drove? captained!!! I will use one of these photographs in my book as an example of what it will have looked like!

I have written to the holder of the website to ask advise of where/how to look too so that may yield some results!

Robina

Geoffers

Quote Originally Posted by Rubina
    If I can't find out which steam tug my ancestor drove? captained
    IF the vessel he captained was of sufficient size to be registered, and if you can get to TNA there may be a way of tracing it in document class BT108 (See research guide 'Registration of Shipping' )

Records kept as a result of the Merchant Shipping Act 1854 include names of the Masters of vessels. Records for Tynemouth (if his tug was registered there) would seem to come in BT108/73

There may be other records held at TNA to asist our research - have a browse through the other guides under Merchant Seamen

Rubina

Wink Ta!

Thank you, Geoffers, I will check this out!

I am working hard at getting some diverse information to put in the Family History book to print out for my parents christmas pressie!

Robina

Geoffers

Quote Originally Posted by Rubina
    Thank you, Geoffers, I will check this out!
    I am working hard at getting some diverse information to put in the Family History book to print out for my parents christmas pressie!
    Probably getting a bit close to make a trip down to Kew then - maybe worth it as an update for a birthday???

Rubina

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Geoffers View Post
    Probably getting a bit close to make a trip down to Kew then - maybe worth it as an update for a birthday???

Yes! My Dad's 90th next November so, god willing (as the religious might say!) I will complete it for him with LOADS of detail by then!! We are planning a massive bash for it.

I will print out as much as a version as I can just now! He will be pleased to have all I have found out anyway.

Thanks for your assistance!

Robina

Knowledgeable and helpful

I just tried the steamboat.org.uk site - it's working today

Rubina

Wink

Thanks, Squaredancer!

I will go and look now!

Rubina

Jan1954

Quote Originally Posted by Rubina View Post
    Jan
    The Steamboat.org.uk site doesn't exist anymore!
    It did yesterday!

Have sent you a PM.

Rubina

Wink Thank you Jan!

I have replied to your PM!

Ta!

Rubina

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12