Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    nannyval

Default Please, Please where are they?

I am now at a stage where confusion has turned in maniacle disorder. My family Hall seemed to be quite happy and nestled in and around Edmonton, Enfield, Tottenham and Islington back to 1852. I have copious number of addresses but they all turn sour on me when trying the normal district trace. Some reference is of Essex, Hertfordshire and Middlesex. Is there anywhere online that I can put in the address to locate these people prior to my having the most horrific of breakdowns!!! With the help of many of so many of you I would be failing in my duty to give up now, but mums and dads who change their names at will and children from other family members registered as their own, Im losing it. LOL

Geoffers

Quote Originally Posted by nannyval
    I am now at a stage where confusion has turned in maniacle disorder. My family Hall seemed to be quite happy and nestled in and around Edmonton, Enfield, Tottenham and Islington back to 1852. I have copious number of addresses but they all turn sour on me when trying the normal district trace.
    I'm confused too, what are you trying to establish?

Would you provide a example for us of what you have got and what records you are trying to locate?

Quote Originally Posted by nannyval View Post
    I am now at a stage where confusion has turned in maniacle disorder. My family Hall seemed to be quite happy and nestled in and around Edmonton, Enfield, Tottenham and Islington back to 1852. I have copious number of addresses but they all turn sour on me when trying the normal district trace. Some reference is of Essex, Hertfordshire and Middlesex. Is there anywhere online that I can put in the address to locate these people prior to my having the most horrific of breakdowns!!! With the help of many of so many of you I would be failing in my duty to give up now, but mums and dads who change their names at will and children from other family members registered as their own, Im losing it. LOL

Like Geoffers I'm a bit confused, but it seems to me that if you know where they were in 1852, your next stop should be the 1851 census - and then even the 1841.
    Lesley

nannyval

I think in my dismay I have been able to confuse everyone, not only myself!!! for which I apologise. Thomas HALL died Nov 1895 recorded EdmontonMiddx. Married 30th May1852 to Caroline Coomes, recorded Edmonton Middx...1891 Census ???? 1881 Census confirm living with 2 of their 5 sons 29 Nursery Street, Tottenham. Middx... 1871 Census under Hale, confirms... 1861 Census shows couple and their eldest son( born 1853).... I cannot go back further with any result. I need to find Thomas parents I am unable to confirm the link with Richard born 11th October 1787 (his father?) I have only suggested birth 1819 for Thomas, in hand written bible, but it appears to have been added by later generation, so cannot count on its accuracy.....Wooooooops Ive done it again.....mass confusion...hope not.

Geoffers

Thomas HALL died Nov 1895 recorded EdmontonMiddx.
    Is this the chap whom the GRO index shows as being aged 76 at death?

Married 30th May1852 to Caroline Coomes, recorded Edmonton Middx
    From the marriage certificate was he single, or widowed?

WHo were the witnesses?

Does his age at marrieg match up with the age at death and ages recorded in census returns?

From the marriage certificate, who was his father and what was his occupation? Does the certificate record his father as decased, or not?

From census returns, where was he born?

I cannot go back further with any result.
    IF the chap was born about 1819, you will need to use parish registers to locate a baptism for him and possible siblings. From there, you can try to then locate a marriage for parents, again using parish registers.

Geoffers

Further to the above..........

Thomas HALL died Nov 1895 recorded EdmontonMiddx. Married 30th May1852 to Caroline Coomes, recorded Edmonton Middx...1891 Census ????
    Try RG12/1068 f11 p16 sch.94 (entry continues on p17)
    10, Tebworth Road, Tottenham

NickM

This could well be him in 1851...............

HO107/1772 Folio: 409 Page: 6

Visitor at the Rose & Crown Inn, Romford. His birthplace was given as Islington, which is only just up the road from Edmonton.

Proprietors of the inn were John Wilson & wife Elizabeth. They could be related to Thomas, or he could just have been staying there in connection with his job.

NickM

In the 1841 census there is a Thomas Hall working as a servant for a Wilson family in St. Marylebone HO107/676, Book: 8, Enumeration District: 15, Folio: 40, Page: 28

nannyval

This is where I am stumped, I will put it down to total lack of p.c.skills. Dont have sight of marriage cert so no fathers name or any of that other info. As he was burried in Tottenham Cemetery guess he lived nearby.The only thing I am working from is a memorial card died 14th November 1895 76 years. Can I get access to list of parish churches online for Tottenham?

janbooth

Default Thomas HALL

There is a marriage registration on FreeBMD in the June qtr 1852 at Edmonton reg district, vol 3a, page 132 of a Thomas HALL and one of the other names on the page is that of a Caroline COOMES. The certificate can be ordered online at www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/ and this will then give you name and profession of the father of both bride and groom.

This looks as if it could be Caroline in the 1851 census of Enfield:

HO107/1703, folio 322, page 3
    Baker Street

Charlott COOMES Head W 56 Annuitant Herts Hoddesdon
    Caroline do Daur U 29 Dressmaker Middlesex Enfield
    Maria MARKWELL Serv 11 Errand Girl do do

HTH

Janet

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast