Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Geoffers

Quote Originally Posted by aeracura View Post
    Thank you all so much, in the end my dad purchased Family Historian as a surprise for me so I am tediously trying to figure it out.... I may need something more at some stage so I've saved all of your valuable information
    It is quite a good programme - although I only use it to record basic information to produce diagrams - and if you get stuck there is the Family Historian User Group (FHUG), which you can find using a search engine.

raineshoe

I use The Master Genealogist (TMG) and love it. I don't think though I use it to its fullest extent. However, as when I do family trees I have to get every little bit of info recorded etc, etc, etc, where possible, I find TMG the most flexible and accommodating. Excellent for reports on your tree too.

Its not a programme for everyone though and if you are not IT literate is not the easiest to master.

jspfeifle

Default gnealogy programs

Another easy-to-use genealogy program is Legacy Family Tree.

legacyfamilytree.com.

The feature-rich Legacy 7.0 makes it easy to preserve your genealogical information. Family trees containing millions of people can be recorded, displayed and reported in a variety of styles and formats. Legacy 7.0 includes all standard genealogical reports, as well as calendars, timelines, questionnaires, research logs and a multitude of blank forms and more! There is no limit as to how many individuals can be put into legacy. this program is available in multiple languages (Including four versions of English--one of which is for British users). Anyhow, just another option for those looking for an easy-to-use, and user friendly genealogy program.

Jathan Pfeifle
    Last edited by Procat; 02-02-2009 at 6:08 AM. Reason: Commercial link removed

Peter_uk_can

We use Legacy and have done for about 5 years. Have no problems, it does 99.9% of what we want. We do have the "Tree" which is an extra.

use the Web facility as we have a family website that holds the Legacy created database and our own pages.

Our Internet provider (Shaw.ca) does not have a facility for SQL, so some software is not possible.

Legacy, value for money, ease of use, and diversity, my vote is "very good".

Google "Chaboyer" and look for the members.shaw.ca/psmail take a look at the Surnames option. We have just uploaded a number of "head shot" photos into the database.

michb158

I have been using a program called Legacy and I find it very good. It cost me $30 for lifetime updates and seems to be fairly powerful - links into igi and other search engines, allows you to map your ancestors movements with google maps, photos and thumbnails on people etc. If you google it, you will find it

BorderReiver

I've used Legacy for a number of years now and I wouldn't swap.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12