falang007

Default Holt family of Nottingham

Following my family back as far as possible. We seem to have been around Radford, Nottingham for the last 9 generation. Last ancestor I found -
    William Holt who married Mary ? possibly Bostock in 1782. Not sure when he was born or died.
    Last edited by ChristineR; 26-11-2008 at 10:59 AM. Reason: remove url to website

janbooth

Default HOLT family

Hello and welcome to the Forum,

In trying to trace your William & Mary back in the Notts FHS baptisms, marriage & burials index for clues to their origin, I have been unable to find the marriage you quote at St Peter, Radford on 20 July 1782 in either the FHS Marriage Index or in the Phillimore's Marriage Index of Radford. I did, however, find the baptisms of their 3 children at Radford. May I ask where you found the information regarding their marriage and didn't that confirm the maiden name of Mary.

Janet

falang007

I made the mistake of not recording my information source. So I don't know where I found it! I did find Williams date of birth yesterday (1757 Radford) when I went on familysearch.com. I found it by entering the details of his daughter Phebe Holt.

janbooth

Default William HOLT

The details of William HOLT's baptism on the IGI are member submitted and with no source quoted whatsover, so should be treated with extreme caution. It looks as if whoever submitted the entry has guessed that William was baptised in Radford from the fact that his children were all born there. I think you are going to have to search the parish registers of Radford to see if you can glean any clues as to where William & Mary originated.

Janet