Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Geoffers

There seem to be two threads covering very closely the same ground.

Jake01's other thread is here - ORRELL

To avoid confusion and possible duplication of help, I have closed the other thread, please just use it for reference and only update this thread.

Thanks

jake01

hi Geoffers.
    Apologies for starting two similar threads one on surnames and one on occupations. Thank you for closing the surname interest thread, I see it will cause less confusion.

Canadian Cousin. Thank you for that very interesting
    On checking census. 1841:1851:1871: all show Johns father as Robert occ shoemaker born Chipping. married to Elizabeth born Liverpool. I have since found marriage record at St Nic's RC.Liverpool 1834, Robert Orrell to Elizabeth Rainford.
    The anomoly of Johns father being Robert or Thomas puzzles me on the m cert Thomas

As Peter says in his reply there are too many Orrell's in Bolton in fact rafts of them.

Witness at Johns marriage Ann Orrell (his sister)and John Cowell (his wifes brother)

Geoffers

Quote Originally Posted by jake01
    hi Geoffers.
    Apologies for starting two similar threads one on surnames and one on occupations. Thank you for closing the surname interest thread, I see it will cause less confusion.
    No problem - it's just that from experience we've forund it better to just keep one thread going at a time. Your other thread will remain on the forums so eevryone can see it, and there is a link on it through to this active thread.

Thanks for being so understanding.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12