Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CLEAVERS again

Marie C..

I expect Jan found it on A.....y
    She will correct me if I am wrong. Marie

v.wells

Quote Originally Posted by tadrussell View Post
    Hello
    I do happen to have a Peter Cleaver,in my family ,however he is in his early 50's and not married to a Ann .
    Sorry i don't think we have a connection ,good luck with your search
    regards
    gail
    Ah well, the search goes on! Thanks Gail
    Last edited by v.wells; 21-11-2008 at 6:40 PM. Reason: forgot capitalization

janbooth

Default CLEAVER

Hello again Gail,

Marie is spot on!! All the census information is from A****y. If you are a newbie trying to search census records it is always worthwhile thinking out of the box. Transcriptions of any records on the web are only as good as the person interpreting them and the quality of the original records they are transcribing from and can thus vary enormously. Some of A*****y's transcriptions have to be seen to be believed, although having said this I have still found them enormously helpful in my research. Searching on christian names alone, surnames alone, first 3 letters and then a * can bring up a variety of names to be considered and often enables you to find the person you are searching for. If the person you are looking for comes from a small village or hamlet and you expect them to be there, it is often worthwhile searching the entire place which is obviously not practical for larger places.

The other sources for my info, I quoted in my original reply. There do seem to be quite a few CLEAVERs who married in Barby according to the Northamptonshire Marriage Index so perhaps a branch of your family originated or migrated there earlier.

Good luck and let me know if I can help further.

Janet

tadrussell

Many thanks once again ,
    I do wonder why i start these things ! i am really grateful for the offer of help,
    It would be easier if i lived closer to the Midlands i think,i believe i could visit the 6 th floor of Birmingham Library to look up records .
    One day i'll get there .Just hope its before i retire LOL,only 15 yrs to go !
    regards
    gail

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12