houghj40

Post Martha Whitfield b 1860 Shropshire

Seeking information on Martha Whitfield or any descendents. In 1881 census Matha was a cook with Yates family @ Higher Feniscowles, Pleasington, Lancs.
    Family Bible says she married E Herriman 5th May 1881 but no 1881 census of E Herriman and no 1901 census record of E Herriman or Martha

baileyjohn

Thumbs up Martha Herriman

There is a Martha Herriman at 6 Albert Place, Witton, Northwich, Cheshire in the 1891 Census. Parish is St.Helen’s Witton.
    She is a widowed boarding house keeper aged 31 and born in Newport, Salop. Also there is a son Robert aged 1 and born at Northwich. Census Reference is 2839-14-21. If you would like a copy of the census page email me. I’ve not had a look at the 1901 census but have you considered searching for something like Merriman as a mistranscription. Of course Martha may have re-married.

Best Wishes
    Tony
    Last edited by Guest; 11-10-2007 at 3:11 PM.

uksearch

Default Possible death?????????

Cheshire bmd has the following entry on their site for the year 1888.

Edward HERRIMAN sub district Northwich registers at Cheshire Central NO/33/091

Emma HERRIMAN sub district Nantwich registers at Cheshire Central
    NA/24/028

UK

houghj40

Default Martha Whitfiled/ Herriman

Thanks for this info. If anyone is interested see new thread
    Skoyles?Herriman/Whitfield- Stalybridge

Reputation beyond repute

Martha WHITFIELD married Ephraim HERRIMAN Jun 1881 Newport Sh 6a 1437

Martha HERREMAN married John SKOYLES Dec 1899 Ashton 8d 793

Martha & John SKOYLES are there in the 1901 census in Stalybridge together with Robert HERRIMAN plus three SKOYLES children (presumably not Martha's)
    Last edited by Peter Goodey; 02-03-2005 at 12:35 PM.

houghj40

Thumbs up Thank you

Thank you Peter I really appreciate your help. I have done a 118500 search and there are no Skoyles or Herriman's in Greater Manchester so am still looking. Something I have suggests that Martha (my great aunt) might have had a pet name of Mat or Pat. I have a family photo with her in it taken 1920's when she was around 60.