Linda-D

Question Marriage Look-up please - Sunbury on Thames

Firstly, my apologies if this is not the right place to post this (could a moderator please move if so?).

Could SKS please look-up a marriage - Sunbury on Thames, 21 September 1817 William Field to Martha Taylor. Have found info on IGI but interested to know if the parish register has any other information. Sorry, but I have no idea on the name of the church.

Thank you.

MarkJ

As Sunbury on Thames seems to be Middlesex, I have popped it into the Middlesex forum

(I must admit I had to look up where Sunbury was!)

Mark

Name well known on Brit-Gen

Quote Originally Posted by MarkJ View Post
    As Sunbury on Thames seems to be Middlesex, I have popped it into the Middlesex forum

(I must admit I had to look up where Sunbury was!)
    It's not surprising people are confused by Sunbury. It was in Middlesex until 1965 but it is now administratively in Surrey

The registers for St Mary Sunbury are at the LMA and are catalogued under Surrey. They have been filmed by LDS, so copies of the films can be ordered into any LDS Family History Centre and viewed there.

Kerrywood

MarkJ

Quote Originally Posted by Kerrywood View Post
    It's not surprising people are confused by Sunbury. It was in Middlesex until 1965 but it is now administratively in Surrey

The registers for St Mary Sunbury are at the LMA and are catalogued under Surrey. They have been filmed by LDS, so copies of the films can be ordered into any LDS Family History Centre and viewed there.

Kerrywood
    Crikey! Should I leave the request here or plonk it in Surrey I wonder?
    Do these Governmental types realise the trouble they create with their boundary changes

Name well known on Brit-Gen

Historically it has been in Middlesex for most of its life, so it's probably OK where you have it. But if people are searching for records it's worth remembering to look under Surrey too

Kerrywood

Reputation beyond repute

Middlesex is a good enough home for it on the basis that the original registers are now in Islington which used to be in Middlesex