Default Waikumete Cemetery On-line

Finally the biggest cemetery in Australasia? is online
    https://www.waitakere.govt.nz/cnlser/...h/default.aspx

Tederator

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Chisel View Post
    Finally the biggest cemetery in Australasia? is online
    https://www.waitakere.govt.nz/cnlser/...h/default.aspx

Thank you for that link Chisel, I just clicked on the link, typed in a family surname and up came a cemetery record for a family member, cousin once removed in NZ.

Cheers

Ted.

Tederator

Quote Originally Posted by Tederator View Post
    Thank you for that link Chisel, I just clicked on the link, typed in a family surname and up came a cemetery record for a family member, cousin once removed in NZ.

Cheers

Ted.

I should add that this family member is a cousin 1x removed of my Father.
    Couldn't edit the above post.

*bunty*

My grandparents are there. I found them a few months ago. Has this only just come online?

coenmfam

A very useful tool
    I found my Grandmother there

Thanks Chisel

Nev

A fountain of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by *bunty* View Post
    My grandparents are there. I found them a few months ago. Has this only just come online?
    Yep. I had quized them about 2 years ago when they were putting the records into a digital database. They were also concidering making it a pay site. Last time I made contact with the council they said they had no intention putting the records on line. Clearly somebody with a genealogy interest in council made the right decision.
    Cemetery Map https://www.waitakere.govt.nz/cnlser/.../Cemetery2.gif

Tederator

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Chisel View Post
    Yep. I had quized them about 2 years ago when they were putting the records into a digital database. They were also concidering making it a pay site. Last time I made contact with the council they said they had no intention putting the records on line. Clearly somebody with a genealogy interest in council made the right decision.

They will be making a charge sometime in the near future, this quote from their website

"You may choose to call or visit the Cemetery for Genealogy assistance, but we advise that once the network and information has been completed we will be a charging $10.00 per search for requesting assistance with your search."

Cheers

Ted.

A fountain of knowledge

From the information I read I interpretated it to mean : IF you visit the crematorium & request info from the staff you will be charged. This charge has been there for some time already.
    However I will email the council and get clarification and post the response here.

A fountain of knowledge

"Presently on-line Genealogy searches are free of charge, however should you visit the office for your research the current charges are $10 per search"

The above quote clearly states that by annoying the office staff you will be charged, however the use of "Presently" does imply that charges might occur in the future.