Lou_H

Red face Parish Chest Purchases

I would like to order a CD of Parish Registers of births, marriages & deaths for the Middlesex area pre 1860.
    Could someone please advise which one to order? I was hoping to find one that included the Marylebone, and St.Lukes, areas around London.

NickM

Middlesex was a huge county in the early 1800's. Unfortunately you won't get a CD covering the whole of Middlesex (I wish there was, because I have lots of ancestors living there myself). Some parishes in Middlesex will be on CD - your best bet is to check with the FHS who produced the CD if you're in doubt on what's covered. You can still order from the Parish Chest when you've made your enquiries - I've found them to be faster than ordering from the FHS's themselves !

For parishes not yet covered on CD, then you need to contact the Metropolitan Archives, who I believe will do paid searches if you can't make it in person. The Metropolitan Archive parish records are presently being digitised by Ancestry, and will eventually be available on their site, but that could take some time to happen, so don't hold your breath !