Reputation beyond repute

Default Using the London Gazette Site

On my old PC, pages from the Gazetter appear embedded in the "PDF Navigator" page. This, as I understand it, is the correct display.

On the new PC, pages will only appear in a stand alone instance of Acrobat. That means the Gazette navigation buttons aren't available.

Both PC running Win XP (Home and Pro respectively and IE 7.

The new PC has Adobe Reader 9. The old PC has an earlier version, I'm trying to figure out which one it is.

Anyone got any ideas?

v.wells

When you open the program go to help and click on "about this" and it should tell you the version it is. It is also on the list under programs.

Mutley

I am running
    Windows Professional, Version 5.1 with Service Pack 2.
    Adobe Reader 7.0 and I.E. 7.00

The pages from the Gazetter appear embedded in the "PDF Navigator" page, so perhaps it is to do with Adobe 9.

Reputation beyond repute

Panic over. It's definitely something to do with Reader 9.

I've uninstalled Reader 9, rebooted, started IE7, started the old version of Acrobat, it asked whether I wanted it to display within a browser, I answered yes, it configured itself and things seem to working normally.

A quick Google suggests that I'm not alone in having problems with Reader 9.

Name well known on Brit-Gen

I have met with total failure trying to handle Gazette pages with Adobe 9. I reverted to version 7, and all has been well since. Hope you find the same.

Kerrywood

I am using Vista, IE7 and Adobe 9 and can see the image. Is it some settings on the Gazette site?

Reputation beyond repute

I had Acrobat 6 installed as well as Reader 9. That may have complicated matters.

Geoffers

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Goodey
    Panic over. It's definitely something to do with Reader 9.
    I downloaded V9 beacuse I got sick and tired of reminders which keep popping up. I confess I cannot for the life of me see how it is an improvement - but I can open London Gazette pages with it.

Save us from people fixing things that aren't broken.