Thread: Ridgard Chelsea

The Legend

Default Ridgard Chelsea

I am trying to research the family name of Ridgard...
    Born 08/01/1920 in Chelsea first name of Richard.

Spent his early years under the care of Dr. Barnardos I believe in that area?

Geoffers

Welcome to the B-G forums.

First off, do you know if this chap married? If so do you have a copy of the marriage certificate and what does that record for his dad, his dad's occupation and who were the witnesses?

With a date of birth for him, have you been able to locate a birth certificate for him?

If you do not know where and how to search for birth, marriage and death certificates (the system of civil registration that has existed since 1837), please ask.

If this person is still alive, please do not include full dates of birth. Also - a minor point - but not everyone records dates the same way. To me 08/01 means 8th January, but to some it means Aug 1st. To avoid confusion, it is best to either write the month in full or abbreviate it to Jan, Feb, Mar etc and that way you ensure that what you intended is understood by all.

Procat

I have checked the BMD indexes for the March and June quarters for a birth of Richard without success. I am wondering if he may have been adopted given he was looked after by Dr Barnados as you stated in your other thread and that the birth certificate in your posession records his adopted name?

NickM has made this response on your other thread:

"Richard Ridgard
    b. 8 Jan 1920
    d. Oct 2000 - Cambridge, Cambridgeshire
    Death cert details - Cambridge, Register No. C43C, District 3311C, Entry No 294"

The Legend

Thumbs up

Thank you both Procat and Geoffers for your feedback..
    It's a bit tricky since Mother in Law Mrs. Rhoda Ridgard is still alive but I will check with my wife whom is the younger of two daughters to see if she can get to see the marriage certificate.