hapagirl

Default Thomas CAWLEY (2 of 3)

Searching for any information on Thomas CAWLEY born in Ireland died 30 Sep 1867 in Pollard's Yard, Leeds, Yorkshire. Thomas married Mary Quinn b1841 in Mayo, Ireland. Thomas and Mary had 2 sons. John b13 Jun 1866 and Thomas b1867 (both in Pollard's Yard). Son John the migrated to Rhode Island, USA in 1893. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

chrisj1961

Thomas Crawley the elder was buried at Beckett Street Cemetery in 1867 in unconsecrated ground.

IN the 1881 census, Mary, John and Thomas were living in Clitheroe.

Thomas married Sarah Ann Thornber in the quarter of Jan, Feb March 1889 and by 1891 had one child, Francis and was still living in Clitheroe acording to the census.

IN 1901, Thomas was still in Clitheroe and had had another 2 children, Henry who was 1 and Jane who was 9.

In 1891, Mary was living with her brother John Quinn and possibly her mother ellen quinn in clitheroe according to the census.

I've lost track of her there unfortunately - sorry about that

hapagirl

Default Thank you

I had all of that information (except the Beckett Street Cemetery). I had traced that part including finding more information about Mary's mother Ellen. I am more interested in Thomas's birth if you have any information about that. It appears that Irish records seem to be more church based than government based. I'm sure that the only way I will find some of these people is to actually take a trip there and spend months going to different churches in each area. Thank you anyway.

chaney999

There are a large group of the cawleys still travelling today. At present they are near hull close to the humber bridge. I have recently spoke with them just yesterday as this is part of my employment. I will see them daily if you have any questions for them.

hapagirl

Default any help is appreciated

I am currently looking for any birth information regarding the individual Thomas Cawley born in Ireland (somewhere). He married Mary Quinn and they had 2 sons, John born 13 Jun 1866 and Thomas born in 1867. The elder Thomas Cawley died 30 Sep 1867 in Pollard's Yard, Leeds, Yorkshire. Any information regarding his birth or the birth of his wife Mary Quinn (daughter of Patrick Quinn and Ellen Durkin) would be greatly appreciated. I believe that Mary was born somewhere in county Mayo. The Cawley family I am interested in settled in Low Moor, Clitheroe, Lancashire. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

stevegc53

Hello. Having just read about Thomas Cawley (possibly Crawley) I can tell you the following: Thomas Cawley was my great grandfather, his son Francis (Frank) and his wife Ethel were my grandparents. They lived in Clitheroe (Montague Street) and Ethel worked in the mills. Janey (Auntie Janey) lived in Low Moor and was my great aunt. I knew nothing of Henry. Ethel and Frank Cawley had a son Francis Norman (Norman) who married Barbara Simms (Sims?) from West Norwood London. They had seven children Maureen (Bell then Taylor), Yvonne (Bredow), Elaine Cawley, Patricia Cawley, Stephen Cawley and Georgina (Owen). I have a photograph of Sara Ann Thornber, Thomas cawley and FRank and Jane . I was led to believe that we came from either County Mayo or Sligo originally and then Yorkshire. My relatives lived in Clitheroe, Low Moor, Blackburn, Accrington. Norman Cawley (d.1976) and Barbara (d.2004) had moved to Colwyn Bay. I , Stephen Cawley live in Southport. My eldest sister has some information on our past relatives having done some in depth research.