Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    celticbound2

Hello! I am related to the Charles Sheppard who was the husband of Elizabeth Mary "Grubb" Sheppard.
    They did land in Australia in 1855. All of their children went to Australia except his eldest son my GGG Grandfather John, John went to Ashland, Ohio.
    I am wondering if Elizabeth is his second wife? She was born around 1806 or so, and John was born in 1821 She would have been barely 15, but who knows. I also have her parents as James and Sarah.
    I know when John married in 1843 he married in Bromley Kent, England....So I believe they were in this area at the time of the 1841 census, Middlesex is close by.
    Any help with these families would be very helpful. Thank you so much.
    Janey Sheppard McIvor

dgrubb

Hello Janey,
    We have spoken offline but I just came across this message.
    It is interesting you should query if Elizabeth was Charles secind wife as I noticed last week I had another Child for Elizabeth and Charles but noticed she was only 15 when he was born so I deleted him as an error. Now that raises the question. I also seem to have a twin for John. I have John and James born about 1830. Do you have actual dates for them
    regards Dennis

dgrubb

Default Charles Shepperd

Jamey,
    further to my last post
    Thomas Grubb, Elizabeth's brother is at 3 Pomeroy St Deptford in the 1861 Census with Charles Shepperd aged 38 and listed as Widower, Out of Work (as was Thomas) and born in Hackney Middlesex.
    You'll have to smile when you read he was Thomas' stepdaughter as transcribed by Ancestry.com. eventhough he is shown in the MALE volumn. Can you identify this Charels Shepperd? Do you know if Charles was working at Stoneham's Brickyard in Crayford where Thomas grubb was working since about 1837.
    Dennis

dgrubb

Janey,
    have a look at
    www.
    ancestry.com.au/tree/41851897/family?cfpid=19720387173
    Dennis
    Last edited by Mutley; 09-12-2012 at 11:12 PM. Reason: links to commercial sites are not allowed. Please read AUP

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12