Jenny Butler

Default Dorrington Hunsdon area

Hello,
    Does anyone have or know about a family DORRINGTON Daniel & wife Ann who had at least 4 children christened in Hunsdon, Hertford.
    John Dorrington ch -Dec 1808; William DORRINGTON -ch 1811; Joseph DORRINGTON-ch 1813 and Chrlotte DORRIGNTOn- ch 1815.
    Any help apprectiated
    Many thanks
    Jenny Butler
    rainy NSW

Twig

Default Dorrington family in Hunsdon

Hi Jenny

I had a look through the 1851 census for Hunsdon, also the villages of Eastwick and Gilston but could find no trace of this family. Sorry.

Twig

dawngerry

Talking Dorrington and Livett in St Neots

Hi I am trying to research any of these names.

Jenny Butler

Default re Dorringotn names

Hi
    Sorry for delay this is for friends so need to refresh my mind....
    my email is jenny AT butlers DOT cx would love to exchange information
    Cheers Jenny

Belb

Default Move to Brighton

They are found in Brighton, Sussex in 1841 and 1851, they both died in Brighton before 1861.

diane k

Hello Jenny
    You may already have found Daniel but if not I can help.

Daniel was brought up and married in Sawbridgeworth and his first child was born there but Daniel was not a Hertford lad he was an Essex boy.

He was baptized on the 26/05/1787 in Magdalen Laver Essex to William Dorrington and his wife Mary Morris, as you are in Australia you must be either a descendent of William or Joseph

janbooth

Jenny,

I don't know if you already have this, but from Herts Direct Online Index, Daniel DORRINGTON married Ann SKAMBLER at Sawbridgeworth on 3 November 1804. Interestingly there is another marriage at Hunsdon on 2 April 1810 of a John DORRINGTON to a Susannah SCAMBLER - perhaps two brothers married sisters??

Janet