nickiR

Thumbs up

thank you.

Davran

You're very welcome

Loves to help with queries

Default BARNETT

Quote Originally Posted by nickiR View Post
    WOW so quick. thanks for that. I was thinking i may have to start looking into roots in Poland or Russia maybe now I don't have to
    nickR,

My wife is descended from the BARNETT line. They are Jewish and originated in Prussia in the early 1800s. How closely are you connected? I may be able to help.

Mike

nickiR

hello Mike. my mothers maternal grandfather was a Barnett. we have Barnett cousins also tracing our tree so any info would help them too.
    we have traced back to a Thomas Barnett c1805 born in middlesex he appears to have a father John possibly from suffolk but no real details on him yet
    nicki

Norma Hudson

Default Barnett

hello Mike. my mothers maternal grandfather was a Barnett. we have Barnett cousins also tracing our tree so any info would help them too.
    we have traced back to a Thomas Barnett c1805 born in middlesex he appears to have a father John possibly from suffolk but no real details on him yet
    nicki
    Hi NickiR,
    My Barnett`s are from Bethnal Green, Shoreditch area, my mother is a Barnett, my grandad did look a bit jewish, but we have never been able to find where the family originated from although on my Gt Gt Grandfathers marriage in 1825 it says batchelor from Cheltenham, would he have actually have come from there or was he working there as he was a bricklayer?
    I see your Thomas had a father John have you found out any more info on him?
    Norma

HawkesFH

Default barnett Christian name

the name barnett appears in out FH as a christian name, barnett manalinski layer emmanuel, son of julius manalinski came to London in the early 1900s. I have found that the christian name barnett was common amongst several jewish families at that time. barnett Isaacs being the most famous,.
    https://www.jewishencyclopedia.com/vi...d=301&letter=B

and of course we now know that esther rantzen is related to him!!!

Shoshana

My husband's family has two first named Barnet Rosenbaum(born in Poland)/Barnett Brisky(i) (born in London)

Norma Hudson

The name Barnett as a first name was quite common in the east end, a lot of them were from Poland, some changed there last name and used the name Barnett as well.

Michaela

Hi, as Im a newbie - whats freeReg?
    I am looking for a Mary Jane Slocombe born around 1846/7 . the 1881 census says she was born in Ditcheat but I can only find her in West Hatch in 1851.
    Hi nickiR,

Mary Jane Slocombe born in West Hatch, Somerset is an ancestor of mine. I am having trouble finding her on any of the census' apart from 1851. Have you had any luck?

Michaela

Name well known on Brit-Gen

Unfortunately nickiR hasn't visited the forums for a couple of years.

nickiR may be alerted to your message, but you may wish to send a Private Message instead.

Just click on nickiR's username (in blue) to the left of their message, and select the private messaging option.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast