lynnelay

Default Freemasons in Liverpool

You have been so helpful so far. Please can you help with this. I have a photo of who i believe to be my Grandfather John Mitchell b 1882 Liverpool. He is wearing masonic regailia and a chain that i believe makes him worshipful master. He died in 1921 and looks 30 + in the photo. I know his son Richard was also a freemason in the Adeste fideles lodge in Liverpool How do i find info Thanks Lynne

Geoffers

You could try the local lodge where he lived and see if they have any information. Other than that, I used a search engine and came up with their museum in London who may suggest lines of research which may be available.

A gentleman, in every sense of the word. Geoff Wycherley's Avatar

Default Freemason enquiry

I recently enquired with the freemsonry.london museum about a relative who was a member of a local lodge. www.freemasonry.london.museum the search they carry out is only brief. The information I submitted was Lodge Name,Lodge Number (if possible) name of member, and an approximate date of being a member. It took a few weeks to get back to me they gave me date of initiation,passed, and raised, occupation,and how long he was a member. There is a charge if you do not have a certain amount of information already.

Hope this helps
    Regards
    Geoff W