uknick26

Default Eden / Lewis / Kitney

I am looking for further information on William Lewis & Sabina Eden.

William was born in December 1844 in Bibury, Gloucestershire - the son of Sarah (Smith) and James Lewis.

Sabina was born Dec 1845 in Churchill, Oxfordshire. Sabina's parents were Ann (Gardner) and Matthew Eden, and I have names and dates going back 3 x generations

William Lewis & Sabina Eden were married in October 1865 in Churchill Oxfordshire. I have a photocopied photo of William and Sabina on their wedding day, plus a little more information, dates etc,

William & Sabina Lewis and their three children emigrated to New Zealand on the ship Wennington in 1874 (where they met Kitney family from Kent) and settled in the Greatford / Marton area in the Rangitikei district, New Zealand.

I would love to hear from anyone who is searching the same families, to swap information.

thanks,
    Nicki

Jocelyn Ann

Hi Nicki
    My Great Grandparents were William and Sabina Lewis who immigrated to New Zealand. These are the same family as your blog. I would love photo's or any info on the family you can give me as I am doing the family tree and so far have only got back as far as William and Sabina. From them forward I have a lot of information, but would like to research back further than William and Sabina. They are both buried in the little cemetery that surrounds St Martins Church in Greatford NZ. I have photo's of their headstones.
    Regards
    Jocelyn

Jan1954

Hello Jocelyn - welcome to Brit-Gn,

Unfortunately, Nicki has not visited the forum for a couple of years, although she is still a member. However, if you click on her user-name on the left, a drop-down menu will appear and you will be able to send her either a private message or email.

Good luck with your research,

uknick26

Hi Jocelyn,
    Thanks for your message! Im thrilled to hear from you and have a lot of information on William and Sabina that I would love to email to you, and likewise would love to receive anything that you may have. I will have a sort out and get back to you.
    Nicki