Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Geoffers

Part 7.......

his heirs and assigns for ever provided always and I hereby declare that it shall
    be lawful for the said Frederick William Portlock COLLISON and George Brown
    COLLISON and the survivor of them and the heirs and assigns of such survivor
    to demise or lease all or such parts of the said messuages lands hereditaments
    and premises hereinbefore devised to them as are freehold and all such parts
    thereof as are copyhold with the Licence of the Lord of the Manor of which
    the same are holden if such licence shall be necessary for any term or num-
    -ber of years and in all respects such manner as the said Frederick William
    Portlock COLLISON his heirs and assigns shall think fit and also to accept surre(nder?)
    of any lease or leases and grant any new lease or leases thereof or of any
    part thereof in all respects as the said Frederick William Portlock COLLISON, his
    heirs or assigns shall think fit and I hereby expressly direct my said son
    George Brown COLLISON to join and concur in executing and such lease
    or leases as aforesaid as the said Frederick William Portlock COLLISON his heirs
    and assigns shall desire to be granted of the said hereditaments and promi-
    -ses and I also declare and direct that the receipt or receipts in writing of the
    Said Frederick William Portlock COLLISON and George Brown COLLISON and the

Geoffers

Part 8............

survivor of them and the heirs and assigns of such survivor for any sum
    or sums of money which he or they shall or may receive or (…..?)
    any of the trusts in this my will contained shall be sufficient discharge
    and sufficient discharges for the monies therein respectively acknowledged to
    be received and that the purchaser or purchasers mortgagee or mortgagees or
    other the person or persons whom such receipt or recipts shall be given his
    her of their heirs or executors administrators or assigns shall not afterwards be
    answerable or accountable for any loss misapplication or nonapplication
    or be obliged to see to the application of the moneys therein respectively
    acknowledged to be received provided always and I hereby declare my will to be
    that if the said Frederick William Portlock COLLISON and George Brown COLLISON
    shall either of them or any trustee or trustees appointed as hereinafter provided
    shall either in my lifetime or after my decease die or go to reside beyond the
    seas or desire to be discharged or refuse disclaim or become incapable to act in
    the execution of the trusts of this my will then and in every such case it
    shall be lawful for the surviving or continuing trustees or trustee for the

Geoffers

Part 9.........

time being (and for this purpose, refusing or retiring trustees shall if willing to
    act in the execution of this power or considered as continuing trustees or for the
    acting executors or administrators of the last surviving or continuing trustee
    to appoint a new trustee or new trustees in the place of the trustee or trustees
    disclaiming or becoming incapable to act as aforesaid and that upon every
    and such appointment all the herditaments and premises monies sticks funds
    and securities then vested in the trustees or trustee for the time being or
    in the heirs executors or administrators of the last surviving or continuing
    trustee shall be so conveyed assigned and transferred respectively that the same
    may be vested in the surviving or continuing trustee jointly with such new
    trustee or such new trustee solely as the case may require and that every
    trustee so appointed as aforesaid may either before or after the said trust estates
    and premises shall have been so vested as aforesaid act or assist in the execu-
    -tion of the trusts and powers of this my will as fully and effectually to all
    intents and purposes as if I had hereby constituted him a trustee provided
    always and I declare my will to be that the trustees or trustee for the time
    being of this my will shall be respectively chargeable only for such monies
    as they shall respectively actually receive notwithstanding their signing a

Geoffers

Part the last.........

(.ole?) for their own acts receipts neglects and deficits respectively and not
    For those of each other nor for any banker, broker or other person with whom
    Any trust monies ort securities may be deposited nor for the insufficiency or de-
    -ficiency of any stocks, funds or securities in or upon which any part of the
    Trust premises may from time to time be laid out or invested nor for any
    Other loss in respect of any part of the said trust premises unless the same
    Shall happen through their own wilful default respectively and also that
    It shall be lawful for the said trustees or trustee for the time being to re-
    -imburse themselves or himself or pay and discharge out of the trust premise
    all the expences incurred in or about the execution of the trusts or powers of
    contained in eight sheets of paper set my hand this thirty first day of March
    in the Year of our Lord One Thousand Eight Hundred and Forty Nine.
    Brown COLLISON – signed and published by the said Brown COLLISON
    the testator as and for his last will and testament in the presence of us
    present at the same time who at his request and in his presence and in the
    presence of each other have subscribed our names as witnesses
    Jn G BLAKE – Adrian DAINLAY, 14 Essex St, Strand

The will was proved 16th Spet 1850 on oath of the executors the Reverend Frederick William Portlock COLLISON, Clerk and George Brown COLLISON, esquire

A fountain of knowledge

Crikey!!!

Wow, thank you for doing that! I started it off earlier but had to stop and planned to pick it up again this evening!

I did also manage to find Brown & Eliza on the 1841 census (it had been mistranscribed as Colliton), he is shown as a 'bank clerk'. Seems like he did pretty well for a bank clerk!!

Thanks again, I really appreciate it!

(This site is fab, I've had so much help from here - I've been seeking out threads where I can potentially help in order to try and redress the balance a bit!)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123