Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    cirstybewick

HI
    I AM HAVING A BAD DAY TODAY!!! I JUST WENT TO GET MY GRANDADS BIRTH CERT TO CHECK THE DOOR NUMBER OF DUMFRIES STREET AND I CAN NOT FIND IT??? I HAVE ALL MY DOUCMENTS TOGETHER AND KEEP THEM ALL TOGETHER BUT HE'S IS NOT THERE I HAVE TURNED THE WHOLE PLACE UP SIDE DOWN!!! I THINK SOMEONE UP THERE DOESN'T WANT ME DIGGING??

ON MY GRANDADFATHER'S MARRIAGE IT SAY'S HE LIVES AT NUMBER 10 DUMFRIES STREET IN 1938.

CIRSTY

Growing old Disgracefully

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by cirstybewick View Post
    HI
    I AM HAVING A BAD DAY TODAY!!! I JUST WENT TO GET MY GRANDADS BIRTH CERT TO CHECK THE DOOR NUMBER OF DUMFRIES STREET AND I CAN NOT FIND IT??? I HAVE ALL MY DOUCMENTS TOGETHER AND KEEP THEM ALL TOGETHER BUT HE'S IS NOT THERE I HAVE TURNED THE WHOLE PLACE UP SIDE DOWN!!! I THINK SOMEONE UP THERE DOESN'T WANT ME DIGGING??

ON MY GRANDADFATHER'S MARRIAGE IT SAY'S HE LIVES AT NUMBER 10 DUMFRIES STREET IN 1938.

CIRSTY
    I'm having one too, my computer is so slow the snails in the garden go faster, by the way its raining here, other people p****d me off as well.
    Sandy
    I don't think anyone is going to get any help to day

cirstybewick

well it's raining here too if that make's you feekl better lol.

cikrsty

Knowledgeable and helpful

Sometimes other people's brickwalls can take one's mind off their own!
    I spent quite a while trying to find any Horwell in the ancestry of any of the Sidney Smiths mentioned and have found absolutely nothing
    Horwell does not appear to be a Bedfordshire name at all the nearest I could find was a Henry Horrowell but not in Luton.

Sidney Henry b 1879 was the son of George Smith & Rosetta Dumpleton
    Sidney Thomas b 1875 was the son of Thomas Smith & Emma Pollard
    Sidney R b1876 was the son of Reuben Smith & Maryann Smith
    and I'm not sure about Sidney Charles

I may have had more success with Kate Palmer:
    If as suggested she was the daughter of Thomas & Eliza then I can tell you that they were married at St Mary's Bedford 18 May 1868 (IGI)- She was Eliza Allen (b 1842 Limbury) and already had two children Frederick & Henry who took the name Palmer see 1871 census
    Thomas was the son of Thomas (1822) and Eliza (1819) nee Odell who married at St Mary's 27 Apr 1844 ( Luton Q2 6,138)

Hope this doesn't add too much confusion there were an awful lot of Sidney Smiths in and around Luton and he might have been older!

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by cirstybewick View Post
    well it's raining here too if that make's you feekl better lol.

cikrsty
    No for some reason the day is just getting worse and worse.
    Sandy
    PS perhaps I should go and do something else......

Quote Originally Posted by lesleys View Post
    Sometimes other people's brickwalls can take one's mind off their own!
    I spent quite a while trying to find any Horwell in the ancestry of any of the Sidney Smiths mentioned and have found absolutely nothing
    Horwell does not appear to be a Bedfordshire name at all the nearest I could find was a Henry Horrowell but not in Luton.

Sidney Henry b 1879 was the son of George Smith & Rosetta Dumpleton
    Sidney Thomas b 1875 was the son of Thomas Smith & Emma Pollard
    Sidney R b1876 was the son of Reuben Smith & Maryann Smith
    and I'm not sure about Sidney Charles

I may have had more success with Kate Palmer:
    If as suggested she was the daughter of Thomas & Eliza then I can tell you that they were married at St Mary's Bedford 18 May 1868 (IGI)- She was Eliza Allen (b 1842 Limbury) and already had two children Frederick & Henry who took the name Palmer see 1871 census
    Thomas was the son of Thomas (1822) and Eliza (1819) nee Odell who married at St Mary's 27 Apr 1844 ( Luton Q2 6,138)

Hope this doesn't add too much confusion there were an awful lot of Sidney Smiths in and around Luton and he might have been older!

Sometimes you have to go back a lot further to before Census ETC to the parish records to find things.
    Sandy

cirstybewick

well my day is getting better thanks to you for all this information, but yes maybe a little confusing lol.

thanks
    cirsty

cirstybewick

just a quick up-date i have sent off for the marriage cert of sidney and kate so lets keep fingers crossed they are the correct people and i get some more information on our sidney eg father and sidneys age.

cirsty

cirstybewick

up date
    sidney smith born 1884 luton
    kate palmer born 1887 luton

sidneys father daniel smith i have looked in census and am coming up with roselia as sidneys mother but can't find volume number etc... to order birth cert.

kate palmer step father is mentioned on birt cert as henry charles halfpenny so no mothers name and no real fathers name as yet. although i am coming up with mary as a mothers name???? and no volume number etc,,, as yet.

if anyone has any more in fo... i would be grateful

cirsty

1901 census RG13 piece 1518 folio 127 page 49
    Henry Halfpenny ? road labourer 35 born Luton
    Mary A straw ag machinist .37 born Pallophill Bedfordshire
    Kate Palmer 14 half daughter born Silsoe
    Hy (Henry Charles son 6 born Luton
    Pretoria dau 1 born Luton

The writing on this image is very flowing and lines crossing through it so occupations and where born for Mary A is a bit of a guess.

The son Henry Charles was in WW1 and has two entries giving the address as 10 Dumfries Street Luton. Evidently there are 17 + 19 pages of records and he was in Mesopotamia.
    Christina

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast