Hello Glenn,

Thank you. I will contact the Rideau Township Historical Society and hopefully they will have some information on the family. John's obituary doesn't give any detail of the funeral director, but the details which I've managed to get from Beechwood Cemetery does. The funeral home is listed as being Rogers & Burney, although I can't seem to find any information on them. John's wife, Elizabeth Clarke died 6 years later and her funeral home is listed as G.H. Rogers - so maybe the firm changed hands. Again, I can't find anything on GH Rogers, but will keep searching!

Regarding Emmanuel Episcopal Church, I have just found some information from "Ritualism and the Reformed Episcopal Movement - by Bruce Elliott" and it states that 'the cornerstone of Emmanuel Church was laid by Bishop Cummins at the corner of Elgin and Gloucester on September 8, 1874 and the church was opened early the next year.' Reading on it says that the church burnt down in 1936 and was not rebuilt. I will see if the Anglican Archives might hold any records.

Thank you again for all of your help and advice.
Maria