debbied320

Default annie jane davies

hi all,

i am trying to find annie jane davies on the 1841 census and aint getting any joy, she was born abt 1835, breconshire,the daughter of walter davies and hannah greenwood, i am also trying to locate a birth entry, i hope someone can help.............this is really stressing me out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks......deb x

v.wells

Deb
    Where abouts are you looking? Some sites have less than others. Annie may not have been registered as a lot of Welsh folk didn't do it until it became law in 1843 (I think) - then they were fined. She may have just been baptized/christened in the local parish and you would have to find the parish records. Did you look on familysearch.org? I will have a look and see what I can find.

debbied320

Hi Vanessa,

i'm really not sure, on the 1861 census, she is with her husband david edwards and son septymouth in merthyr states birth place as welsh hay caeravonshire, the family then emigrated to australia, on one of her childrens birth certs it states her birth place as llyes, breconshire, and on her death cert just breconshire, i have looked at the IGI but couldnt find anything, i cant find her on the 1841 or 1851 census, thank you so much for your help, deb x

v.wells

1851 census St. John, Breconshire

Walter Davies, Head 42 shoemaker Breconshire
    Hannah Davies Wife 47 laundress Bristol

HO107/2446/354/4

As she may have been born prior to registration 1837 you'll have to look up parish registers for Brecon. They maybe held at Pembroke or you can google Breconshire parish registers.

Have you found them in any census? I could not find on IGI but that doesn't mean they are there. Davies could be Davis and Annie Jane could be Hannah, Hanah.
    Just read your post she could have been born in 1841 if she was 21 when she married. Will have another look.

Have a look at this one: 1855 Jane Davies, David Edwards on same page marriage Merthyr, Breconshire vol 11a p 419 1Q
    Last edited by v.wells; 28-09-2008 at 1:25 AM. Reason: addition