Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    bwarnerok

My notes on Charles William Parker say, "Attended Westminster and died at an early age.

From 'The List of the Queen's Scholars of St. peter's College, Westminster"
    entry reads - who was of a wild dispostion"

So somewhere I have read an entry to this book for Charles William Parker and it seems that somewhere along the line I'd seen where he died although I don't have a death date listed for him so it must've been in an obit or bio for the Rev Parker or his wife or the sister.

For some reason I think he might've died in a carriage accident and he was racing although who knows.. that could've been some romance novel I was reading.

Colin Moretti

Back after learning a little about the medieval suburbs of Winchester.

Quote Originally Posted by pipsqueak View Post
    Reverend WIlliam Parker ?? Rector of the Parish of Saint James
    .. Parker D D Rector ... [probably Doctor of Divinity]
    before named William Parker In Trust for
    should be before named Doctor William Parker In Trust for
    present in ..... to my dear son
    Could this be present in vivo[?] to my dear son?

Colin

Geoffers

Quote Originally Posted by Colin Moretti
    Could this be present in vivo[?] to my dear son?
    present in View

Colin Moretti

Of course, Geoffers, thanks.

Presumably since Uncle William was to be executor and Charles William was a minor Captain William was still a relatively young man; I would guess that daughter Mary was also a minor since Uncle William had "... custody management and guardianship" of her too. No mention of Mrs Captain William - was she dead?

What sort of period was there between the date of the will and the grant of probate? If it was short it would probably indicate that he was at death's door.

Colin

bwarnerok

Here is the last page of the Will in case you think it might be helpful in some way. https://i222.photobucket.com/albums/d...aptparker2.jpg

Will was written in April of 1793 and probated in July of 1793. I imagine he was not just at death's door, but most likely already had one foot in it.

I have no idea who Captain Parker's wife was but I think she might have been Catholic only because of googling and finding some Catholic reference in Google books that I couldn't get into, but certainly sounded like a Catholic thing. I'm assuming she was dead by 1793 but who knows -- she never seems to reappear as there is never any mention of her in later family docs or wills.

We know that Captain Parker was the eldest of Rev. Parker's nephews but I'm not certain as to who his father was... Joseph, Samuel or Thomas are the options I have as the brothers of Rev parker.
    Rev William Parker was born abt1714
    Samuel Parker abt 1716
    joseph parker abt 1717
    Thomas Parker abt 1719
    All of these are the children of Moses Parker and Hannah Lovett and all are Baptised at St. Michael, Coventry, Warwickshire.

We know that Rev. Parker was at St. James Westminster from about 1767 until his death in 1802 so chances are if Captain William was born after 1767, then he should have been baptised at his uncle's church.

If we cannot find his marriage or Charles William or Mary Elizabeth in the records of St. James Westminster.. possibly it's because the mother was Catholic.

I know that Captain Parker was with the Royal Engineers and one item I saw states he was a governor of the Isle of Man however I have never found a Governor listed there with his name.

In "The List of the Queen's Scholars of St. peter's College, Westminster" it says that Charles William would have entered the college in 1794/5 at the age of 15 (followed by the letters Abiit of which I haven't a clue what that means). Another accounting states that he actually completed school and had enlisted in the army -- but I've not found anything to prove that. But I'm just guessing that Charles William was born about 1779/80.

I know Captain parker was buried at St James Westminster (not the main church but at the alternative burial place they had) as was mary Elizabeth when she died decades later.

Are there any good films on deathsburials/monuments at St. James Westminster? I think Rev Parker most likely married and buried nearly all of them in his 30+ years and possibly the ones I need did not make the IGI.

I have the Will for the Rev as well as his wife, and other family members. All want to leave money for poor Mary Elizabeth (even decades later) although poor Mary Elizabeth did very well for herself! But Charles William and whoever the mother was are not ever mentioned.

-b-

Colin Moretti

Quote Originally Posted by bwarnerok View Post
    I have no idea who Captain Parker's wife was but I think she might have been Catholic only because of googling and finding some Catholic reference in Google books that I couldn't get into, but certainly sounded like a Catholic thing...
    That might have been a problem, particularly as Uncle William was a CoE clergyman; although there was some relaxation on the restrictions on Catholics at that time (Catholic Relief Act, 1778) it was not universally popular (think Gordon Riots, 1780).

A good indication of whether the books are about Catholic matters would be to see if they are in the catalogue of the Catholic National Library:
    https://www.catholic-library.org.uk/

Colin

bwarnerok

I'm still searching for the Catholic reference, however I did find an obit listing for Charles William Parker in April 1800 where it lists he has died, is a Lieutenant, and was 25 years old.
    So I looked in the IGI for a birth in 1775 of a charles parker to a william... nope. :-(

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123