lynleach

Question Death record of my g.g grandmother Margaret Moore

I am having great difficulty in finding the death record of my g.g.grandmother Margaret Moore. She was born Margaret Poquin and married a James McGinty in 1843 and remarried a John Moore in 1863. She is on the 1901 census aged 82 but I know ages on census returns are not accurate, and she was living at Number 2 Court, Raffles Street, Liverpool. I have tried to find the record of her death but have had no luck. Any suggestions would be gratefully received!

Lynn
    Last edited by lynleach; 22-09-2008 at 10:49 AM. Reason: Didn't put down address

Growing old Disgracefully

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by lynleach View Post
    I am having great difficulty in finding the death record of my g.g.grandmother Margaret Moore. She was born Margaret Poquin and married a James McGinty in 1843 and remarried a John Moore in 1863. She is on the 1901 census aged 81 but I know ages on census returns are not accurate! I have tried to find the record of her death but have had no luck. Any suggestions would be gratefully received!

Lynn
    Where was she living at the 1901 Census
    Sandy

lynleach

Hi Sandy,
    Sorry I forgot to add the address in my original post. I've since amended it, she was living at Number 2 Court, Raffles Street, Liverpool and the Ward is down as Great George.

Lynn

Growing old Disgracefully

Smile

Found this one but I think its to far from Liverpool to be her....

England & Wales, FreeBMD Death Index: 1837-1983 about Margaret Moore
    Name: Margaret Moore
    Estimated Birth Year: abt 1824
    Year of Registration: 1902, Quarter of Registration: Apr-May-Jun
    Age at Death: 78
    District: Bucklow, County: Cheshire, Lancashire
    Volume: 8a, Page: 132

Sandy

lynleach

Many thanks for your help. The entry you found may be worth looking into. The age given on the 1901 census of 82 dosen't match up with earlier census returns and unfortunatly her marriage certificate to James McGinty has "minor" which just places her as being under 21. I worked out with other dates I have that her age in 1901 would be around 76 and she may have left Liverpool for Cheshire. She had brothers, who after getting married a year or two after her, disappear from the Liverpool census returns. Perhaps there was a family move to Cheshire? Something for me to think about!

Thanks again
    Lynn

marianne Faull

She doesn't appear to be buried in Ford, Ainsdale or Yew Tree Cemnteries.
    Marianne