thistlebay

Default Electoral roll look up - Lancashire

I have a relative living in the Lancashire area who is my cousin born c1939 and born in Ashton. Is there anyone out there who could pls look her up on the electoral roll for me.

If you could pm me I will give you the details.

Many thanks
    Cathy

Nicolina

Default Electoral roll look up

have you tried searching on 192.com ? It might also show a telephone number for her as well.
    Elaine
    Last edited by Geoffers; 22-09-2008 at 6:44 AM. Reason: remove direct link to a commercial site

Geoffers

Quote Originally Posted by thistlebay
    I have a relative living in the Lancashire area who is my cousin born c1939 and born in Ashton. Is there anyone out there who could pls look her up on the electoral roll for me.
    Hello and welcome to the B-G forums.

There is the site mentioned in the above post (I've removed the direct link as it is a commercial web-site) - but unless the name is particularly unusual, you will have difficulty in finding him/her (also bear in mind that someone may have lived in Lancashire but moved). Another way might be to try BT's online directory.

People who have elected out of having their details sold on by councils will not appear in online electoral rolls. The full electoral roll is difficult to search as it is arranged by address and is not indexed - you have to know fairly precisely where someone does live.

thistlebay

Thanks for the replies. Yes, I have tried to use 192.com but again you have to pay a sub, so thought I could bypass this. I did find someone with the same name with the same husband in the lancashire area but then it wouldn't give me any details without paying the sub. So she is definitely out there but I think her husband maybe died in the last year or is in a nursing home or something anyway, as he is no longer on the 2008 listing but was on the 2007listing.