Dylan

Smile James Graham, Scotland

I have the marriage certificate of James Graham and Eugenie Etienne 13 May 1919. James Graham was a 'Railway Engine Driver' residing at 4 Meadowbank Terrace, Edinburgh but I can't make out his age on the document - therefore cannot work out his dob - I have followed so many James Grahams!! I am looking for this JG's place and date of birth.

Geoffers

Can you post the part of the certificate showing the age on this forum? - a fresh pair of eyes may help, or at least give some options to follow.

The marriage certificate should show his parents, does this help you to identify him in the 1901 census - and so provide an age and place of birth?

Dylan

Default Post how?

Sorry - my first day! Do u mean scan it into this forum somehow?

Jan1954

If you can scan that part of the certifcate - not the whole thing - and post it on the forum by following the instrcutions in Mary's post here.

Geoffers

Basically scan the photo and upload it to a site that can store photos, then provide the link here.

This message by Mary Young provides a fairly simple set of instructions which even the likes of me (I'm as thick as two short planks) could follow.

Jan1954

Oops, sorry. Geoffers - you appeared to be busy elsewhere...

Geoffers

Quote Originally Posted by Jan1954
    Oops, sorry. Geoffers - you appeared to be busy elsewhere.
    Two replies are better than one

Fare yer well tergether

Quote Originally Posted by Dylan View Post
    I have the marriage certificate of James Graham and Eugenie Etienne 13 May 1919. James Graham was a 'Railway Engine Driver' residing at 4 Meadowbank Terrace, Edinburgh but I can't make out his age on the document - therefore cannot work out his dob - I have followed so many James Grahams!! I am looking for this JG's place and date of birth.

If all else fails, and you got the certificate from Scotlands People, email them giving the name, date and the ref number on the cert, and tell them you can't read that bit. They're usually very helpful about checking such certificates.

Lesley

Dylan

Smile Excellent - thanks all

Thanks I will. Will also attempt uploading via photobucket....but don't hold your breath!!
    Thanks Geoffers as well.

Jacqui19

Am certainly interested in the GRAHAM's of Scotland who farmed land at Auchingree until 1909.