Trishtrash

Default Ballantyne Family

I am looking for information on a Ballantyne family that origonated in Scotland and settled in Liverpool. I have the census entries up to 1901 for most of them but I would now like to find John Ballantyne married to Edith (Easterbrook) b 1873 Redruth, Cornwall. They married in 1890, West Derby. I think by 1901 they would have had a son John aged 15, Howard aged 5 and possibly others I don't know about yet. John Snr was an engineer of some sort I think.

I have looked but the nearest one I can find is in Renfrewshire and appears to have been born in a different part of Glasgow to mine. Can someone work their magic please....

Wirral

Quote Originally Posted by Trishtrash View Post
    John Ballantyne married to Edith (Easterbrook) b 1873 Redruth, Cornwall. They married in 1890, West Derby. I think by 1901 they would have had a son John aged 15,
    So John jnr was born when Edith was age 13?

Trishtrash

No!! From an earlier marriage I assume. Sorry didn't make that clear

Fellwalker

Thumbs up Ballantyne

John Ballantyne is my grandfather 's brother--my g father was George Ballantyne-he too moved to Liverpool from Glasgow.
    I have some info re where John was in Liverpool etc but it may not be more than you have of course! If you would like to send me a PM we can maybe share info

Quote Originally Posted by Trishtrash View Post
    I am looking for information on a Ballantyne family that origonated in Scotland and settled in Liverpool. I have the census entries up to 1901 for most of them but I would now like to find John Ballantyne married to Edith (Easterbrook) b 1873 Redruth, Cornwall. They married in 1890, West Derby. I think by 1901 they would have had a son John aged 15, Howard aged 5 and possibly others I don't know about yet. John Snr was an engineer of some sort I think.

I have looked but the nearest one I can find is in Renfrewshire and appears to have been born in a different part of Glasgow to mine. Can someone work their magic please....