daggers

Default TV - scenes of 'old' Liverpool

Nostalgia time for TV viewers on 12 Sept [tonight]- a Hovis commercial, partly filmed in Liverpool in July when it caused quite a stir, is said to be appearing in the interval of C... Street. It shows local scenes, set to look as if around 1900 [I think].
    Daggers

Scared of spiders but fond of frogs!

Daggers ...... thank you so much for posting this message.

I was watching BBC News this morning and they mentioned a new advert, which had cost £30 million!!!!

They never mentioned what it was for (or I missed it) and I was furious! I shall have to watch it now ..... so they get their moniesworth!

Off topic ...... but they were also talking about old adverts which we remember. My favourite was Maureen Lipman, for BT and her son's *ologies* ..... but you're probably too young to know that one.
    Good luck with your research everybody!

daggers

I am told that after the screening of the advert, it will be available on a Hovis website.
    As for those BT adverts and age... you flatter me. It must be the way I write.
    Daggers

Barnzzz

Ancestor (distant) was chairman of Hovis (John Bobbett in 1957). I must repeat that plaintive call 'where did all the money go ?" considering the advert cost so much !

Sue

morano

https://www.hovisbakery.co.uk/our-ads/
    Try theabove link for some good Liverpool scenes (Hovis)
    Jim Moran

the CGI must have cost a mint - oops that'll teach me to read ALL the messages before opening my mouth.
    It is clever though and my resident bread expert (age three and a half) prefers h*vis to most others except home made.
    Sadly, our dear friend Ann (alias Ladkyis) passed away on Thursday, 26th. December, 2019.
    Footprints on the sands of time